JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Opened up some Russian and Ukrainian 7.62x39 and only found 10.4 gr of powder in them. WHAT ?
I've looked around and found several published loads for various powders and most
are listing around 30 GR. What are the Russians using ? It must be HOT.

Opened up some Russian and Ukrainian 7.62x39 and only found 10.4 gr of powder in them. WHAT ?
I've looked around and found several published loads for various powders and most
are listing around 30 GR. What are the Russians using ? It must be

The comm block stuff I have taken apart has had massive fluctuations in powder charges, bullet weights and crimps. Quality control is well, non existent. Pretty sure each faction uses its own powder. I've seen tulammo 122gr bullets range from 116.3 to 125.2 from the same case lot.

91wtw21cplb11.jpg

Cartridge iz fine.

Go to range.

It might be fun to yank bullets from a large sample, maybe 25rnds. Then even up the charge weight of powder, if it's different in the sample cases. Reload the bullet and take them out and test for group sizes. What brands were they?

It might be fun to yank bullets from a large sample, maybe 25rnds. Then even up the charge weight of powder, if it's different in the sample cases
What brands were they?
Wolf steel case HP Berdan primed. They had been buried and the cases were all badly corroded. We pulled them for the bullets. Now have over a pound of powder and curious. Hate to throw it away

The comm block stuff I have taken apart has had massive fluctuations in powder charges, bullet weights and crimps. Quality control is well, non existent.
Man, it would seem to me with quality control this non-existent there would be more ka-booms reported with AKs, SKSs etc. - but maybe they intentionally go 'light' on the powder charges to prevent this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top