JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

PGO Shotguns, Yea, Nay, What do you say?

• Yes. Love'em!

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Eh, like them for limited application.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No, don't care for them.

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • No and they are pointless.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No experience, so can't say.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Um, eh, wut wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
More curiosity than anything else, what is your take on pistol-grip only shotguns? That is shotguns sans any type of buttstock, but rather a pistol-grip of some kind? Like'em, don't, or something else? Enjoy.

Voted for the limited applications option.

I like the look of wood stocked Mossberg "Nightstick" Model...and I have no doubt that it would make for a fun shooter....
As well as a close quarter / truck gun .
But....
I really don't have a need / use for one.
That said....I wouldn't say No to one in 20 gauge....:D
Andy

My only experience with something like this was an old school sawed off that when shot from the hip would buck so hard the trigger guard would take the hide off of my trigger finger. Maybe a straight up and down pistol grip would be better. But for my one time firing I decided it was not for me. They are popular and to that I say good for you have fun and shoot away. Me I'd rather have a plain stocked model 37 riot gun.

Voted for "Eh, like them for limited application." I've never been able to use one nearly as effectively as a scattergun with a stock, so, not really for practical purposes. I do have one for almost completely wackiness purposes though; a Serbu Super-Shorty in 12-gauge:

1717380155485.png

That said, I do like the wood stock version of the Nightstick. Not enough to invest, but they look neato. And I've always had a fascination with the Ithaca A&B:

1717380309739.png
Around the turn of the century, there was a company that made modern derivatives, albeit in 12 instead of 20, but it didn't last long. Perhaps it is time they made a comeback. :s0155:

Totally stupid idea.

I won this on a bet many years ago and thought it would be kind of 'fun' but it was totally useless .

Kicked like a mule (even with 2-3/4 shells) and well, just a dumb concept. I would not even consider it a practical self defense weapon as it was so hard to control - and I can't imagine any modern concepts of a pistol grip SG being any different.

It now exists as a 'standard' full stocked Mossberg 500.

100_1157.jpg

Last Edited:
More curiosity than anything else, what is your take on pistol-grip only shotguns? That is shotguns sans any type of buttstock, but rather a pistol-grip of some kind? Like'em, don't, or something else? Enjoy.
Has been covered in several other threads so won't go through the many drawbacks compared to a 18" regular shotgun with folding stock. But one people don't often understand is shown in this short video clip.

Last Edited:
Re the "something else?" No way could I go back to a tube fed shotgun. I sold all mine after buying lynx 12 reliable AK in 12 gauge. Rate of fire shooting accurately is 300 rounds per minute (same as an AR), a good muzzle brake reduces recoil 50-70% and mag changes are just like an AK vs tube fed you have to do that slow "continuous reload" method. Accurately shooting 20 rounds in 4 seconds is something a turn fed simply can't do. Not talking about hunting use etc of course though.

Check out mag changes for mag fed gun in these short videos:

Don't really care for the pistol grip, but I do like the Mossberg Shockwave to play with. Got a couple of them, so voted for the limited application...

Relooking at the neato Night Stick:

1717385183727.png
Realized what it reminded me of; when the Federales were hauling in the Bhagwan.

1717385288905.png

(Been doing some reading on that bizarre chapter in Oregon history on and off for a few years.)

Relooking at the neato Night Stick:

View attachment 1892569
Realized what it reminded me of; when the Federales were hauling in the Bhagwan.

View attachment 1892570

(Been doing some reading on that bizarre chapter in Oregon history on and off for a few years.)
You may want to watch all of Ian's video where they tested how useless those are. I hate to link it because it's inrange tv but it's very informative. If you haven't seen it yet it's worth a watch imo.

View: https://youtu.be/tYjThckYqBQ?si=H6ibnyejkx9KZZQX

Bought my shockwave in .410 because I didn't realize that it was available in .410
Pure impulse purchase, and it's definitely a fun little " firearm"
you have probably seen already but revolution armory sells a revolver shotgun in .410 I saw these somewhere for very reasonable amount but cant recall where.
' rev410wood-1024x796.jpg
there is also the circuit judge too which i'm sure you've seen.

I think there are saiga clones in 410 also with 12-30 round drums as i recall

Oh, neato. Might make a fun / handy SBS. :D
looks like checkering changes over time. here is the newer one. Pretty sure I saw for $399 somehwere. Buttpad and frame finish look just OK in that pic anyway FWIW.
410-classic-wood-shotgun-1.jpg

i always carried the 410 pistol while bow hunting. the place where i bow hunted you could sometimes see 15-20 grouse in a day. i only used the pistol away from my hunting area.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top