JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep. Tried to order a Stribog stock for the pistol. How would they know that i was not going to SBR the pistol or convert it to a rifle? Did not matter, cancelled.

Ordered a trigger they had on sale and they cancelled it because of local laws. I know our laws suck and I get being overly cautious, but a trigger. that is ridiculous
Instead of bashing retailers maybe the blame should be more justifiably on your local politicians and voters? How can you blame a retailer when "lawfare" and systemic weaponization against gun owners and the gun industry is so prevalent?

You honestly expect a retailer to put their entire nationwide business interests in potential jeopardy for the sake of a handful of gun owners in a single state?

I get the frustration, but place blame where the blame is due, IMHO.

Tommy Chong went to jail for selling glass across a state border that didn't allow it…

Well… the DEA put someone in his business that did it against company policy but that's up to you to research if you are interested - it's a very strange story.

Anyway with all of our F'd up and vague laws in WA, if I owned a firearms company of any kind I wouldn't ship to this state either unfortunately.

The thread about Amazon not shipping conceal carry stuff here is the same I guess and sucks cuz I just wanted a cheap bag for the summer to carry a full size gun on dog walks without having to layer up.

Instead of bashing retailers maybe the blame should be more justifiably on your local politicians and voters? How can you blame a retailer when "lawfare" and systemic weaponization against gun owners and the gun industry is so prevalent?

You honestly expect a retailer to put their entire nationwide business interests in potential jeopardy for the sake of a handful of gun owners in a single state?

I get the frustration, but place blame where the blame is due, IMHO.
I met a guy off LI. He reached out to me because he was local and knew I was into guns. We meet for lunch and hit the range He had bought a AR pistol with a 7" barrel in 5.56 for SD. He came to TX from CA. He even went to church with me and my wife once. He was looking for other singles to meet. Anyway I tell him he really needs something better for SD. A few weeks go by and he tells me a specific handgun he is shopping for. I tell him that's an ok gun but there were a lot better out there. He tells me he wants that one so he can travel to CA with it since it isn't on the ban list and he tells me he is thinking of moving back to be close to his aging parents. I'm like dang, CA has jacked up gun laws.

He use to text me all the time and then 10/7 occurred. He starts texting me about How Israel had brought this on themselves and texts me some anti-semitic comments. I'm like stop. My bio dad was Jewish and more importantly, I'm a conservative Christian and this is why what you just said is pretty screwed up. I never heard from him again. Yet another reason why I think the west coast is the wrong coast.

Ordered a trigger they had on sale and they cancelled it because of local laws. I know our laws suck and I get being overly cautious, but a trigger. that is ridiculous
Yes they do suck! They say they have things in stock and take payment but can wait up to a year to ship. Stopped ordering there after second "in stock" problem.

Yep. Tried to order a Stribog stock for the pistol. How would they know that i was not going to SBR the pistol or convert it to a rifle? Did not matter, cancelled.
FYI that district 9 prawn looking Stribog stock is $98 now on sale.
IMG_7106.jpeg

1717802117941.png

The (majority rule) WA Voters and Liberal Politicians, will/are celebrating. The PLAN is working exactly as envisioned. Of course they knew what was gonna happen.

1717802329889.png

Aloha, Mark

Yes they do suck! They say they have things in stock and take payment but can wait up to a year to ship. Stopped ordering there after second "in stock" problem.
^. This I can't and won't fault Optics Planet for anything related to legislative BS, but the company sucks in general. The number of times I ordered something and that thing shipped to me is far outweighed by the times order was place and I later find out they don't even have it in stock. It didn't take too many of those before I stopped bothering.

I too have heard so many bad stories of their service at Optics Planet that I would not want to deal with them. As for then not willing to send something to WA state this is again people blaming the wrong people here. People in WA made this mess by ignoring what was going on. Until we feel enough pain to make a LOT more people wake the hell up it will not get better.

...The number of times I ordered something and that thing shipped to me is far outweighed by the times order was place and I later find out they don't even have it in stock. It didn't take too many of those before I stopped bothering.
I had that happen a couple times too, but.... I quickly learned to never place an order on anything that I didn't confirm the inventory status of listed on each item page. Unless it says, "in stock", I don't order it.

It's common to see things like, "will ship within x days" (like 3-5 or 10-14) or other, but those all mean that it isn't currently in-stock. It's only anticipated to be shortly.... which is no guarantee and often fails to materialize.

Applying that tactic, for years, I've never had issue one with long backorders or cancelled orders with OP. Works like a charm. 👍

Almost every experience I have had with Optics Planet has sucked. Constant inventory problems. Cancelling orders then taking forever to refund you. "In stock" doesn't actually mean in stock, and "Check availability" means no chance. It is easy to bash a vendor that deserves it.

I've ordered from O.P. several dozen times and never had a problem. Shipping and returns have been quick and easy, too.

The trick is to verify that the item is in stock before ordering (make sure an actual quantity is shown). They also have tons of coupons that often stack... I bought an FDE Elcan 1x/4x and paid $1580 brand spankin' new (I called customer service and asked for their best price and current coupons... they combined both).

My most recent purchase from them was a few Unity mounts and a holster. All were received in less than a week.

I literally just had them cancel an order last week for an item they said was in stock... After waiting two weeks for them to ship and still not getting any notifications or tracking, I contacted them and asked if the item was ever actually in stock. No response. Logged in to my account that evening and found that my order status was changed to cancelled. No details or explanation. Still waiting for the refund BTW.

Noticed this week that they were trying to sell the same item through their Amazon store. Sent them a message asking if it was actually in stock. The listing miraculously disappeared shortly afterwards.

Some people may get lucky with Optics Planet, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but they clearly have a problem selling items they don't actually have in stock... And now they are doing it on Amazon, too. You may think it's worth the risk. I don't. There are too many good vendors out there for me to ever give Optics Planet a dime of my money again.

I literally just had them cancel an order last week for an item they said was in stock... After waiting two weeks for them to ship and still not getting any notifications or tracking, I contacted them and asked if the item was ever actually in stock. No response. Logged in to my account that evening and found that my order status was changed to cancelled. No details or explanation. Still waiting for the refund BTW.

Noticed this week that they were trying to sell the same item through their Amazon store. Sent them a message asking if it was actually in stock. The listing miraculously disappeared shortly afterwards.

Some people may get lucky with Optics Planet, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but they clearly have a problem selling items they don't actually have in stock... And now they are doing it on Amazon, too. You may think it's worth the risk. I don't. There are too many good vendors out there for me to ever give Optics Planet a dime of my money again.
That sucks they are on Amazon now. I hope they get enough black marks soon so that Amazon kicks them off their system. It's borderline scam take your $ when it's not in stock but says it's in stock.

That sucks they are on Amazon now. I hope they get enough black marks soon so that Amazon kicks them off their system. It's borderline scam take your $ when it's not in stock but says it's in stock.
If they act like so many have seen on Amazon they will either stop doing the crap or they will not be there on Amazon. That is one of the big reasons I use Amazon so much. Some seller tries to play games and Amazon will just give you your money back and go after the seller. They will either improve or no longer be there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top