JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who are your go-to sources for paper maps? I mentioned earlier the idea of using a phone app and a Garmin GPS ... device ... , where one would be the backup to the other, but what I really want to do is use compass and paper map as backup ... no electricity required (unless you want to make a convoluted case for the earth's magnetic field being a form of electricity).

I played around with compass and map a while back, and found this to be an interesting site

Cascade Orienteering

but I never got around to getting some "adult" maps of areas I might want to trek.
The best maps tend to be USGS Topographical maps these once you know the quadrangle name of the map. There is actually a site where you can down load for free these maps at least for Oregon. I have in the past downloaded a couple dozen of the most detailed 7.5 min maps and printed them out putting them in a 3 ring note book. Take a lot of time. But well worth it if you need the maps

https://www.topozone.com/oregon/

Here is a site with some Indexes

and from the USGS itself

I have from my dad maybe a hundred or more USGS topos that include ones from some of the first survey's of Oregon Dad was into collecting antique bottles and we would use the maps to find homesteads. As well as all the hunting he did.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top