JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if anyone is giving away WW2 guns of any kind, I'll take them! I'll take them all! I must have a lack of principle or something but I think they're cool and their link to the past makes denial and coverup of the past by those with an agenda difficult to do.

History is just a record of past events.

Andy
Unfortunately, history needs to be taught by someone who understands history and not just reading paragraphs from a book.
I didn't get a decent history teacher/professor, until I got out of the service. Although I had some college before the service, nothing was inspiring outside of relating dates for a grade.

Unfortunately, history needs to be taught by someone who understands history and not just reading paragraphs from a book.
I didn't get a decent history teacher/professor, until I got out of the service. Although I had some college before the service, nothing was inspiring outside of relating dates for a grade.
True...
Although...I still stand by my statement.

History is just a record of past events...
As in it doesn't care if you like what happened or not.

I enjoy reading about and learning about history.
Certain eras and events do hold more interest than others to be sure.....
But as you stated...if history isn't taught by someone who doesn't make it interesting or more than just a series of dates , names and events...
Then yep...it loses a lot of its appeal and lessons to be learned .

One thing to be careful to not do ....
Is impose current values , traits , outlooks or the like on people , events or even items from the past.
Andy

Last Edited:
True...
Although...I still stand by my statement.

History is just a record of past events...
As in it doesn't care if you like what happened or not.

I enjoy reading about and learning about history.
Certain eras and events do hold more interest than others to be sure.....
But as you stated...if history isn't taught by someone who doesn't make it interesting or more than just a series of dates , names and events...
Then yep...it loses a lot of its appeal and lessons to be learned .

One thing to be careful to not do ....
Is impose current values , traits , outlooks or the like on people , events or even items from the past.
Andy
Agreed. As to the OP, I personally wouldn't want that firearm, but it is definitely relevant and belongs with a collection of other relevant items.

I've often wondered who was issued this 1944 Walther PP that I now own and who was the G.I. that brought it back to the U.S.

20221009_063733 (1).jpg 20221009_070718 (1).jpg Resized.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top