JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why didn't I think of this?

WAR-06_16_24-AFTERNOON-55_14.jpg

I just recently learned you don't even have to go that far. A couple months ago one of my boys finally got to the root of the issue his girlfriend was having about driving in the rain. He discovered early on that she flat out refused to drive in even a light rain. He thought it was some kind of a phobia... but... Noooooo.

Long story short. She wouldn't drive in the rain because it was too difficult to see out of the windshield. It took a little time for him to drill down to the core issue but completely cured her!

He showed her how to turn her wiper blades on and explained that they are not an add-on accessory and all cars DO have them. The girl is 25 years old.:s0140:

I just recently learned you don't even have to go that far. A couple months ago one of my boys finally got to the root of the issue his girlfriend was having about driving in the rain. He discovered early on that she flat out refused to drive in even a light rain. He thought it was some kind of a phobia... but... Noooooo.

Long story short. She wouldn't drive in the rain because it was too difficult to see out of the windshield. It took a little time for him to drill down to the core issue but completely cured her!

He showed her how to turn her wiper blades on and explained that they are not an add-on accessory and all cars DO have them. The girl is 25 years old.:s0140:
Did she never drive with someone else in the rain?! How do you not know that?

Did she never drive with someone else in the rain?! How do you not know that?
She's a recent Southern Arizona transplant and has an older vehicle. Her wipers are well recessed behind the rear of the hood and the white stencil indicators on the steering column controls are worn off. She had tried to see if she had wipers, but never though to try twisting the knob and was convinced they were an add-on accessory.. or only standard on newer vehicles.

Don't ask me!! I lived in Arizona for awhile and it rains there too... on occasion.

What get's me is... kids these days feel like they don't need book learning because they have the wealth of knowledge from the internet at their fingertips. It just doesn't occur to them to use it for anything other than social media(??) 🤔 Just asking someone... anyone... seems to be a foreign concept.

She's a recent Southern Arizona transplant and has an older vehicle. Her wipers are well recessed behind the rear of the hood and the white stencil indicators on the steering column controls are worn off. She had tried to see if she had wipers, but never though to try twisting the knob and was convinced they were an add-on accessory.. or only standard on newer vehicles.

Don't ask me!! I lived in Arizona for awhile and it rains there too... on occasion.

What get's me is... kids these days feel like they don't need book learning because they have the wealth of knowledge from the internet at their fingertips. It just doesn't occur to them to use it for anything other than social media(??) 🤔
I have no idea. I still keep a lot of reference books around, but more and more they are for general interest reading. If I need to look something up it is a quick internet search. I look up car stuff all the time, so I know you can find almost anything. It does fail you sometimes, especially for really obscure topics, but for most general knowledge you can find whatever you need in short order. Something like "wipers for X model car" will return hundreds of results from how to operate them to how to replace the wipes or the switch itself. I can only surmise that the reason she did not know is she never thought to ask.

Yeah, I do wonder about the younger generations today. If you cannot think to ask about something as simple as this then what else is she not asking about? Curiosity and learning are not always innate traits for some, and they have to learn to do that through experience. I never had that problem. I ask about all kinds of things all the time, even stuff I consider myself knowledgeable on. You never know what you don't know, and even if a question only gets you info you already knew, it might come in a package with more interesting context, especially if you ask an old timer who likes to tell stories. That could be worth the question all by itself.

Someone needs to take that girl out into the real world and teach her how to figure things out. Preferably before the fruits of her ignorance become overripe.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top