JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just recently learned you don't even have to go that far. A couple months ago one of my boys finally got to the root of the issue his girlfriend was having about driving in the rain. He discovered early on that she flat out refused to drive in even a light rain. He thought it was some kind of a phobia... but... Noooooo.

Long story short. She wouldn't drive in the rain because it was too difficult to see out of the windshield. It took a little time for him to drill down to the core issue but completely cured her!

He showed her how to turn her wiper blades on and explained that they are not an add-on accessory and all cars DO have them. The girl is 25 years old.:s0140:
I hear people complain that some Americans have oodles of money and some people are continually poor.
Your story clarifies the underlying cause.

I have a friend with a large manufacturing business. They recently finished an in-house destructive testing lab. He wanted to test their competition's product but didn't want to order one through his company for fear of getting a hand-picked sample. He asked one of his office employees to order one privately, which she did. He handed her about $70 cash to reimburse her for the purchase. The ensuing conversation was approximately this;
Mike, "Here you go, thank you."
Late twenties office worker, "What's this?"
Mike, taken aback, "It's money."
Her, "What would I do with that?"
Mike, "You can buy things."
Her, "But I just use my phone or a card."
Mike, "You can deposit it in the bank."
Her, "You mean I would have to go to the bank?"
I thought he was pulling my leg when he told me this, but he was dead serious. In her late twenties and had no idea what money was. Pathetic.

I have a friend with a large manufacturing business. They recently finished an in-house destructive testing lab. He wanted to test their competition's product but didn't want to order one through his company for fear of getting a hand-picked sample. He asked one of his office employees to order one privately, which she did. He handed her about $70 cash to reimburse her for the purchase. The ensuing conversation was approximately this;
I thought he was pulling my leg when he told me this, but he was dead serious. In her late twenties and had no idea what money was. Pathetic.
I suppose it's better than her only recognizing small bills. . .

That reminds me.... although somewhat dissimilar.... my daughter was taking her niece with her to the grocery so I tried slipping the little one a 5 spot so she could get herself an ice cream. She promptly went to the kitchen and threw it in the trash bin.

Grocery store + a small slip of paper = "a receipt". She educated me: You can't get anything with a receipt and receipts go in the trash.:s0140:

We tried explaining but she refused to put it in her pocket. Auntie had to carry it for her and demonstrate at the store counter what it was for. Of course, I kinda burned myself. Now she asks if she can have some "paper". She refuses to call it "money" because... well... she's not wrong. It IS just paper, and paper is paper. We're still working on that.🤣

That reminds me.... although somewhat dissimilar.... my daughter was taking her niece with her to the grocery so I tried slipping the little one a 5 spot so she could get herself an ice cream. She promptly went to the kitchen and threw it in the trash bin.

Grocery store + a small slip of paper = "a receipt". She educated me: You can't get anything with a receipt and receipts go in the trash.:s0140:

We tried explaining but she refused to put it in her pocket. Auntie had to carry it for her and demonstrate at the store counter what it was for. Of course, I kinda burned myself. Now she asks if she can have some "paper". She refuses to call it "money" because... well... she's not wrong. It IS just paper, and paper is paper. We're still working on that.🤣
You can have even more fun with her since money is not paper, but made from cotton and linen.

I just recently learned you don't even have to go that far. A couple months ago one of my boys finally got to the root of the issue his girlfriend was having about driving in the rain. He discovered early on that she flat out refused to drive in even a light rain. He thought it was some kind of a phobia... but... Noooooo.

Long story short. She wouldn't drive in the rain because it was too difficult to see out of the windshield. It took a little time for him to drill down to the core issue but completely cured her!

He showed her how to turn her wiper blades on and explained that they are not an add-on accessory and all cars DO have them. The girl is 25 years old.:s0140:
About 50 years ago, I was having lunch in a diner that operated in a defunct service station in a small town a mile off a busy highway. A young woman came in and asked if she could buy some oil. The owners of the diner knew I was a mechanic, and steered her to me for help. I asked her why she knew she needed oil, and she replied "the add oil light came on." I suggested we go out to the car (a 1966 Mustang) and have her start it up. When she did, the rod knock was horrible, and I had her shut it off immediately.

The engine was toast, she ended up staying in town and getting a job as a waitress to save up for a new car.

1718812544672.jpeg

About 50 years ago, I was having lunch in a diner that operated in a defunct service station in a small town a mile off a busy highway. A young woman came in and asked if she could buy some oil. The owners of the diner knew I was a mechanic, and steered her to me for help. I asked her why she knew she needed oil, and she replied "the add oil light came on." I suggested we go out to the car (a 1966 Mustang) and have her start it up. When she did, the rod knock was horrible, and I had her shut it off immediately.

The engine was toast, she ended up staying in town and getting a job as a waitress to save up for a new car.

Years ago, a friend was telling me about his sister, who had gotten herself knocked up, couldn't find a decent job and was constantly borrowing money from her parents. Her car broke down and her father loaned her his Chrysler. This was a car he had kept immaculate for years. It had a decent engine in it. I want to say 383 but it could have been a 440. Power everything, every option, it was a sweet ride. Instead of driving it when not working, he switched to driving his beat-up work van full of plumbing parts and tools. One day at dinner, she says "Dad, will you look at the car? The oil light has been on for weeks." My friend and his dad check the car and it has been run completely out of oil. Now, this car did not have an oil leak. Best guess is it had been run at very high RPM for extended periods. At any rate, they filled it with oil, started it up and it now smoked and had a rod knock. 😠

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top