JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one. Got it when they first released them. It's a mix of old and newer parts (re-arsenaled at some point). Mine looks to have a new barrel, but is an old original Ithica slide, don't recall the markings on the frame. Haven't fired it yet.

If you are looking for a basic 1911 shooter for the range, you can definitely find a decent one for about half the cost of the CMP 1911s. If you are willing to spend the cost of the CMP 1911s, you can get a newer or new 1911 with some upgrades for that price.

But if having a piece of history is important in your 1911, than the CMP gun may be a decent option for you.

IMG_8554.jpeg IMG_8553.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have one. Got it when they first released them. It's a mix of old and newer parts (re-arsenaled at some point). Mine looks to have a new barrel, but is an old original Remington Rand slide, don't recall the markings on the frame. Haven't fired it yet.

If you are looking for a basic 1911 shooter for the range, you can definitely find a decent one for about half the cost of the CMP 1911s. If you are willing to spend the cost of the CMP 1911s, you can get a newer or new 1911 with some upgrades for that price.

But if having a piece of history is important in your 1911, than the CMP gun may be a decent option for you.

View attachment 1907172View attachment 1907173
It says Ithaca on the slide, where does the Remington Rand markings come into play?

The CMP "Range Grade" 1911A1's are a mix of USGI and commercial parts. Some Range Grade owners who have submitted FOIA requests have found that their pistols were lent out to various law enforcement agencies (thus the commercial parts). If you are going to purchase one for a shooter, the Range Grade would be the better option as opposed to a pistol with a 100% USGI pedigree. Or.....save some coin and buy a commercial gun.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top