JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not really, just don't have kids. I worked a lot of off duty jobs and got married late in life. I loved the dream.
Got two pensions waiting for me and we have invested in several apt. complexes. Both our FT jobs pay decent and our house is paid for so thankfully despite this Admin. And the economy, we are doing well.
I got everything I want in 2 safes. Hard to find time to shoot stuff. Trying to save up for a lake house now to maybe Airbnb. Waiting on interest rates to drop

This is setting a dangerous precedent. My wife isn't allowed to look inside the gun safe. (She sort of knows the combination, but not L & R spins or how many.) :s0140:
One of my greatest fears is me dying suddenly and my wife selling each rifle in my safe for $400. She knows that there is guns in there and how to use them, but no clue as to the value in the safes. I have friends that I have instructed to help her if I suddenly pass on, and not until then.

I had my safe open trying to find a home for my latest purchase of 1k of 9mm, when I found a case I had forgotten about. My wife looked at the door. Proceeded to count the guns on the door and asked what I needed x number of guns for, then she peered into the safe said "good Lord" and walked off. :s0140:
You see on the news some dumbie gets busted for being a criminal mustardmind. And, the cops search his house and find "2 rifles, several handguns, high capacity magazines and over 300 rounds." Everytime I see anything like this it makes me laugh. No self respecting gun enthusiast would allow their stock to be depleted to 300 rounds. How many rounds do you think the members of NWFA have, collectively? 10 million, 20, 50? Whats there over 3000 members? If they each had a 1000rds a piece (disgracefully, ashamedly conservative), that would equal 3million.

You see on the news some dumbie gets busted for being a criminal mustardmind. And, the cops search his house and find "2 rifles, several handguns, high capacity magazines and over 300 rounds." Everytime I see anything like this it makes me laugh. No self respecting gun enthusiast would allow their stock to be depleted to 300 rounds. How many rounds do you think the members of NWFA have, collectively? 10 million, 20, 50? Whats there over 3000 members? If they each had a 1000rds a piece (disgracefully, ashamedly conservative), that would equal 3million.
I read somewhere that the average gun owner has ~50 rounds per caliber that they keep on hand. Turns out I'm above average despite my high school guidance counselors assesment.

The only people telling you that that's not true happiness are people who are unhappy
I've worked directly for two billionaires, have one distant relative worth >$400M, an uncle >$30M, and two siblings worth over $10M. I can assure you, the toys are uber cool, but money definitely does not buy happiness. Money can become a trap.

I have friends that I have instructed to help her if I suddenly pass on, and not until then.
They'll say they're only worth $400 and offer to buy them all. You're already dead, so no harm, no foul.

No self respecting gun enthusiast would allow their stock to be depleted to 300 rounds.
Huh? I'll load up a few thousand rounds across all my calibers and shoot them all. I've done that about six times in the past decade.
I'm stocked OK for now, but I have all my brass prepped and ready to load another few thousand across ~10 cartridges. I will load semi-auto on the progressive in good numbers, five hundred rounds or more, and on the single stages cartridges, I will load 100-200 rounds per cartridge.

edit to add: @Solvent, did you buy your wife a Birkin to keep her happy?

I had my safe open trying to find a home for my latest purchase of 1k of 9mm, when I found a case I had forgotten about. My wife looked at the door. Proceeded to count the guns on the door and asked what I needed x number of guns for, then she peered into the safe said "good Lord" and walked off. :s0140:
I'm guilty too. Mine did the same. :D :D :D
I told her I'm saving up for retirement like we planned. She just went never mind ….

IMG_1657.jpeg

I've only been an active member for 4 months. And I'm broke as a bubblegum'r. Im gonna have to get a second job. You never know when the next gun I don't need will catch my eye.
It appears to be a buyer's market. Lately, when I see something that strikes my fancy and has a few replies, I think that surely it's sold, but it's not.

It appears to be a buyer's market. Lately, when I see something that strikes my fancy and has a few replies, I think that surely it's sold, but it's not.
I get the feeling that we all have outpaced our "need" for guns. At this point we just want someone to post a $200 G19.3, so we can dive on it and add a 4th G19 to our safe(s). Mostly cuz it was a good deal. Wait... Am I a hoarder? Nah, were good, disregard.

I get the feeling that we all have outpaced our "need" for guns. At this point we just want someone to post a $200 G19.3, so we can dive on it and add a 4th G19 to our safe(s). Mostly cuz it was a good deal. Wait... Am I a hoarder? Nah, were good, disregard.
I'm still holding out for that $400 G20. Call me crazy.

I have finally started asking myself if I need such and such and of course the answer is almost always no. Next, I hope someone else buys it so I can stop arguing with myself.

I have finally started asking myself if I need such and such and of course the answer is almost always no. Next, I hope someone else buys it so I can stop arguing with myself.
Ive been doing that on Gunbroker. Bidding, then praying for someone to outbid me. So far its working out. High five!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top