JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Legit makes no sense. Post guns for a deal and then everyone wants to lowball you more. Then they expect you to also pay transfer fees. Like how does that even make any sense. Go buy a brand new gun. Your FFL doesn't pay your fees. Why should I.

It just blows my mind that you can't post a gun for a decent price and it sell. It's always lowball. Or drive to Oregon for asking price. It just doesn't make any sense.

I came here because of a classified ad. I offered a fair price but the guy didn't want to come off his price. I ended up getting the same thing new for about $50 cheaper even after paying shipping and FFL transfer.

That said, after looking at other stuff, I think things in general are a bit pricey in the NW compared to The Southwest.

Lastly, the economy sucks and most people aren't buying stuff they don't need. I had a Triumph Bonneville for sale for 6 months before someone buying it and it was priced pretty aggressively.

Legit makes no sense. Post guns for a deal and then everyone wants to lowball you more. Then they expect you to also pay transfer fees. Like how does that even make any sense. Go buy a brand new gun. Your FFL doesn't pay your fees. Why should I.

It just blows my mind that you can't post a gun for a decent price and it sell. It's always lowball. Or drive to Oregon for asking price. It just doesn't make any sense.
all of the boomers maxxed out all of their credit cards, took out loans for multiple brand new trucks and cars, and lets not forget their $700k mortgage... it's not just on here.. it's the entire country.

even on craiglists no one responds. i used to get multiple offers within hours years ago, now it's crickets...

As a seller, I always pay for the transfer fee. I always ask that the buyer pay for their own background check. If a buyer purchases from a dealer there is no transfer fee, only a background check fee.

Since Oregon made it mandatory to transfer firearms via an FFL, I consider the transfer fee the cost of doing business. Don't like it, but what can you do?

As far as lowballing, it happens. Polite, "no thanks", and move on.

As a seller, I always pay for the transfer fee. I always ask that the buyer pay for their own background check. If a buyer purchases from a dealer there is no transfer fee, only a background check fee.

Since Oregon made it mandatory to transfer firearms via an FFL, I consider the transfer fee the cost of doing business. Don't like it, but what can you do?

But on the other side of it. It's also the price of business when buying a used gun. Comes with buying it. So you can look at it either way.

Your location is going to Make your items less attractive then someone in PDX or SEA where the person can touch and look over the item.

Plus if you are not 'local' then those shipping fees are added costs that someone that is 'local' doesn't have to add.

I've heard this complaint from people not in the 2 big cities multiple times over the years.

Your local will most likely have you taking a larger hit in your price if you want to move it.

The advice I e given and seems to be true are:

If it is gone in hours it was a steal.

If it is gone in a week then it was reasonably priced.

If it sits for a month (and isn't super niche) then you probably are over priced.

Basically you can get rid of it fast and take the loss or you can try and get what you want for it and be ok with it being a long time or not selling at all.

There are a lot of deals that come around so most people are willing to wait for a great price then buy at what the seller deems 'reasonable'.

Just my 2¢

A used Glock at more than $450 out the door isn't going to move unless it's actually a rare model like a 24 or a desirable model like a 34

I haven't had any issues 🤷‍♂️
Same. The admittedly little I've looked here, prices are in-line with Gunbroker. And the seller is getting hit with fees there, which they are not here.

Indeed. If the price isn't going to work for you, it is easy-peasy to politely decline.

(The one time I felt like being less than gentlemanly was on a Gunbroker listing years ago. I had a guy messaging me repeatedly and asked to buy the rifle for less than the current bid locked in by another bidder, oh and he didn't want to pay shipping, and could I hold it until he got paid. I felt like responding with "Why yes! I will break a legally binding contract with the highest bidder, in order to take less, eat the shipping costs, and stand around until your alleged payday." I didn't, but it was tempting. :p)

Last Edited:
all of the boomers maxxed out all of their credit cards, took out loans for multiple brand new trucks and cars, and lets not forget their $700k mortgage... it's not just on here.. it's the entire country.

even on craiglists no one responds. i used to get multiple offers within hours years ago, now it's crickets...
I dont think that would be the Boomers, i think you have the generations mixed up a bit...

Same. The admittedly little I've looked here, prices are in-line with Gunbroker. And the seller is getting hit with fees there, which they are not here.
But the buyer from fun broker gets stuck with the transfer fee. So I mean I think it's fair for the seller to pay the fee only when the buyer agrees to buy the pistol for listing price.

IE: 450 dollar gun. 50 dollar transfer fee. You give 400 and buyer pays fee out of there pocket

I had a sale here recently. I posted it at a very good price. Within 5 minutes I had a message asking if I would take X dollars. As I was typing an answer with a counterbid, I received another message with an "I'll take it." Told the guy sorry, I just got a full offer. He then said, "Dang, I would've paid your asking price." Then he said he would take it if the deal fell through. It didn't fall through. :D

Show us an example of what you mean by a deal. The vast majority of USED handguns I see Fe are listed at 100%-130% of NEW retail price. Just saw one 2 days ago that was almost 300% of the new retail price. Crazy expectations on the sellers part.

Anything USED is just hard to sell anymore. The newer generation has ruined that for everyone. They just want it for free or they are going to just go buy new. I am on other classifieds selling other stuff all the time, 90% of the time I rather let it rust in the back yard than give it way for free. So if you don't have it we'll below new price you will sit on it for a long time. Trading is a better approach if your trying to retain value.

Anything USED is just hard to sell anymore. The newer generation has ruined that for everyone. They just want it for free or they are going to just go buy new. I am on other classifieds selling other stuff all the time, 90% of the time I rather let it rust in the back yard than give it way for free. So if you don't have it we'll below new price you will sit on it for a long time. Trading is a better approach if your trying to retain value.
Part of that is the new gun laws. By the time you comply with all of them and pay the fees and wait forever, you may as well pay a couple hundred more and get a brand new gun for your troubles.

I sure have. Have everything priced very fair.

Glock 19 gen 5 for 450

Glock 21sf for 425

Glock 23 for 370
Those are decent prices. Not steals, it around average from what I've seen. Lots of people sell Glocks all the time for very good deals hear though.

As a buyer I expect the fees to be on me.

The only thing I got for you was my original response.

Edit - grammar correction lol

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top