JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at bi-mart this afternoon looking for some things for the tomato. Ended up buying a gun...:s0046:

I don't need one but couldn't pass up the TAURUS TX-22 GEN 2. From physical looks It has a different barrel, Glock iron sight, slide and comes with a 16 and 22 round magazine.

1719972665566.jpeg

Last Edited:
My old TX-22 I fired it over 10,000 rounds. It goes through it so fast with no anomaly. Amazing I havent even change 1 part and everything is dialed bone stock. I just use federal automatch. Sometimes Aguila or other exotic ammos. I try to preserve the barrel in the best that I can.
The good news is the old 16 rounder magazines fits to the gen 2. So 9 + 2 new ones + 3 coming from factory rebate.

Well it occurred to me that as much as I preach (and live by) restraint and research, that I did in fact have an impulse buy.

Not recently but about a year ago as my last firearm purchase. Some may know that I have a weak spot for shotguns and when I saw this at a very good price I could not resist it.

H&R topper model 58, has '12ga 3" full' stamped on the barrel so I am honestly not sure if this is factory or was cut down and the variable choke added (quite well I will admit) to make the barrel a legal length without a stamp.

Absolutely gorgeous patina on it, great lockup and wood furniture. Looks like a kids gun but has a very nice LOP for my 6'1" frame so I am leaning towards it was a custom job. (If you know otherwise I'd love some info on it)

Swings like a 16" AR does, although I haven't yet made the time to go shoot it.

I justified it as being a very nice hiking or travel in the vehicle long gun, but we all know I just wanted the dang thing. Even though I was working a lot of hours at the time, 99% of my collection is very modest to cheap (or at least what I paid, not in quality) and it fit the cost variable so I treated myself.

I haven't shot it yet but "Stubby" comes to mind lol.

IMG_8043.jpeg IMG_8044.jpeg IMG_8045.jpeg IMG_8047.jpeg IMG_8057.jpeg

Edit: after looking closer at the pictures and seeing the choke has -Savage- on it I'm still going to lean on it being a custom build.

Well it occurred to me that as much as I preach (and live by) restraint and research, that I did in fact have an impulse buy.

Not recently but about a year ago as my last firearm purchase. Some may know that I have a weak spot for shotguns and when I saw this at a very good price I could not resist it.

H&R topper model 58, has '12ga 3" full' stamped on the barrel so I am honestly not sure if this is factory or was cut down and the variable choke added (quite well I will admit) to make the barrel a legal length without a stamp.

Absolutely gorgeous patina on it, great lockup and wood furniture. Looks like a kids gun but has a very nice LOP for my 6'1" frame so I am leaning towards it was a custom job. (If you know otherwise I'd love some info on it)

Swings like a 16" AR does, although I haven't yet made the time to go shoot it.

I justified it as being a very nice hiking or travel in the vehicle long gun, but we all know I just wanted the dang thing. Even though I was working a lot of hours at the time, 99% of my collection is very modest to cheap (or at least what I paid, not in quality) and it fit the cost variable so I treated myself.

I haven't shot it yet but "Stubby" comes to mind lol.

View attachment 1909775 View attachment 1909776 View attachment 1909777 View attachment 1909778 View attachment 1909779

Edit: after looking closer at the pictures and seeing the choke has -Savage- on it I'm still going to lean on it being a custom build.
Sweet, and yes someone did that later in its life.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top