JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my defense I got here from the "new posts" feed and the title says nothing about shotguns. I just ran with it. If you were expecting anything more than disappointment from my laziness, well all I have is more disappointment for you.
I do the same thing... not calling you or anyone else out (reread my post and it might appear so - sorry!), as the topic fits in general discussion more since more people probably use carbines or handguns as their primary HD firearm.

I had this whole incredibly overlong post detailing my HD preparatiions and each individual gun in the battery... then noticed I was in the shotgun discussion subforum..

My old home shotty Win 1300 Police Model mostly gathers dust but keep it stoked with 2 3/4 OO with slugs on the stock sleeve. Do keep a Bandoleer hanging with it that has both slugs and OO. I keep it only in case we have some kind of all out social problem. Figure the OO is well, going to work even on some drugged up zombie. The slugs I keep in case it ever got to where I had to fire on a vehicle. The way they are made now would sail right through the damn things. My recent ShockWave 2 3/4 OO. Never been brave enough to try the 3inch mags in that. :s0140:
While back when it looked like we may see riots here again I bought some of the less than S&B makes for this. VERY nice stuff.
Since some are bringing up handgun will toss in for the large ones I still use Speer GDHP +P stuff. Pricey ammo but sure looks impressive at what it does. In my "mouse guns" long ago went to just ball. Same stuff I buy for practice as with them I hope for as much penetration as I can get if I have to use one of them.

In my defense I got here from the "new posts" feed and the title says nothing about shotguns. I just ran with it. If you were expecting anything more than disappointment from my laziness, well all I have is more disappointment for you.
I had to go back and look twice to see it was "aimed at shotty's". I very much doubt anyone will really care. Given the thread drift here that is normal? Hell at least its gun related and those who get bothered by it need to learn to use the next button.

Ditto.

I keep #4 buck in my Beretta 1301. Brand varies with whatever I can get at the time I need to buy more.

2.75" 00 buck

Closest neighbor is about 100 yards away from my house and there are large diameter trees, & rising/dropping terrain in between, depending on which way I point. I don't really need slugs - no brown bears here.

Very low crime - very rural, private road, even the public road to get to my private road has minimal traffic and goes nowhere except to rural spaced out housing. My house is not easy to see from the private road and not visible at all from the public road.

The most likely threat I would encounter would be a black bear after dark, which is why I have a light/laser on my shotgun.

All my defense handguns run Speer Gold Dot, be they the 38+P, 9mm, .40, or 45ACP.

First line of defense is my trusty Glock 17 with a Streamlight TLR2, I keep three mags, ready to go. If it's the 'end of the world' that should get me to my safe and from there, a Winchester 12ga pump loaded with 00 and my 300BLK loaded with 200gr subs is ready to go.

I do the same thing... not calling you or anyone else out (reread my post and it might appear so - sorry!), as the topic fits in general discussion more since more people probably use carbines or handguns as their primary HD firearm.

I had this whole incredibly overlong post detailing my HD preparatiions and each individual gun in the battery... then noticed I was in the shotgun discussion subforum..
Post it anyway. Will be a good read and exactly as on-topic as all the other posts in this thread :s0140:

Another one that I keep around, is Federal 12GA Reduced-Recoil 9-Pellet with the FilteControl wad. It definitely isn't my first choice when considering the flimsy nature of the cardboard box that I call home...
But it would be better than trying to take down some rough-n-tumbleweeds with a shotgun tube loaded full of A-ZOOM Snap Caps.
ui_pheasant.jpeg
:s0158:

Last Edited:
I am using Federal 9 pellet 00 buckshot. I do have some Winchester PDX1 segmented slugs as well. I have 50 round bandolier but only keep 25 rounds on it. Mostly 9 pellet 00 buckshot with 6 rounds of segmented slugs.

Same l: 590-A1 with 00 buck. S.O.E. side saddle with Brenneke slugs

I think it was the late James Yeager who said, "No one will argue the lethality of a shotgun."

And a person of far less consequence once said, "Shotgun ain't no joke." - Ash Williams
I thought Ash used a Winchester double barrel? or is the "Boomstick" just for Deadites?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top