JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE : DAO P226

Hummmmm......like a 18 shot 9mm revolver. Only it isn't.

Aloha, Mark
Unfortunately the DAO triggers on them are pretty terrible. Long with about a 12-14 pound pull.

As far as other final purchases before the party is over… there are so many options out there for cool stuff that's not expensive… I certainly don't *need* anything more, but when deals come up for stuff like Beretta APX's for 299.99, it's difficult to say no to getting it while you can.

I've noticed that some case rulings only cover organizations, like the latest ruling about selling guns and FFL licenses. It was a big win, but it only cover members and some states.

My question is, what would be the best organization to join?

NRA is basically worthless, because they are rarely named in any lawsuits suing the government anymore.

Second Amendment Foundation sounds good, but why is a Syrian it's President?

I'm leaning towards Gun Owners of America, even though it was started in California, which is a major strike against it.

I've noticed that some case rulings only cover organizations, like the latest ruling about selling guns and FFL licenses. It was a big win, but it only cover members and some states.

NRA is basically worthless, because they are rarely named in any lawsuits suing the government anymore.

I'm leaning towards Gun Owners of America, even though it was started in California, which is a major strike against it.
It's only $30 to join most of these. GOA is kicking bubblegum, FPC also, SAF is more local but does great work nationwide. I support all 3. I'm partial to GOA cuz they won the case that stopped M114. They are also funding Tony's effort on the appeal.

FPC

Unfortunately the DAO triggers on them are pretty terrible. Long with about a 12-14 pound pull.

As far as other final purchases before the party is over… there are so many options out there for cool stuff that's not expensive… I certainly don't *need* anything more, but when deals come up for stuff like Beretta APX's for 299.99, it's difficult to say no to getting it while you can.
Might be worth checking if this optics ready with plate APX meets the beretta rebate. That would bring it down to $279.

Might be worth checking if this optics ready with plate APX meets the beretta rebate. That would bring it down to $279.

Combine with this rmr compatible optic and total cost for both woudl be $316 + ship. Thats kinda crazy (if the optic holds up, who knows about that).

Combine with this rmr compatible optic and total cost for both woudl be $316 + ship. Thats kinda crazy (if the optic holds up, who knows about that).

Yeah these are exactly the sorts of deals I'm talking about. Plus the large variety of dirt-cheap Glock-clones that are out now (some of which are actually decent quality), it's all priced so low it's basically a steal. But on the other hand, if I already have a VP9 (and a few other 9's in the same class) with plenty of mags, etc… kinda hard to justify stuff that's functionally identical no matter how good the deal.

Picked this one up since it was only $290, and with an instant approval, to boot.

IMG_3429.jpeg

No idea when the M114 appeals officially will start but ordered one of these. 60% of average street price was too hard to pass up. Don't need it but should be a riot to shoot. With braces so cheap now, brace + gun + red dot should still be under $1000 (not including shipping or transfer fees). Folding adapters are still expensive though. Could go with the cheap UTG one but they are hard to find and a bit sloppy compared to ace, sb tactical, sylvan, or others. But what holster to use? :s0112:

IMG_7255.jpeg

Last Edited:
If anyone wants a DAK sig p226 .40 LE trade in sportsman's guide has them for $365 shipped right now with code "ultimate20". Not a fan of DAK trigger or would order one.

Heavily considering adding a Glock 17 or 19 while I still can. As strange, perhaps even wrong, as it may seem, I've never actually owned a Glock before. I certainly don't "need" one since I have that base covered (really several times over) by something that's arguably better, but still…

Heavily considering adding a Glock 17 or 19 while I still can. As strange, perhaps even wrong, as it may seem, I've never actually owned a Glock before. I certainly don't "need" one since I have that base covered (really several times over) by something that's arguably better, but still…
I've only ever had 1 glock. It's a Glock 22 PD trade-in .40s&w with night sights. Reliable, cheap and easy to maintain. All-around practical pistol. Not really compact enough for concealed carry, but doable if necessary. Ammo is affordable and effective. That being said, there are better alternatives and I've never seen a need for another glock. I had a frame for a 43 that I was planning on building, but decided I didn't need another compact 9mm. I'm gonna get heat for saying this, but glocks are ugly 🤷‍♂️

I've only ever had 1 glock. It's a Glock 22 PD trade-in .40s&w with night sights. Reliable, cheap and easy to maintain. All-around practical pistol. Not really compact enough for concealed carry, but doable if necessary. Ammo is affordable and effective. That being said, there are better alternatives and I've never seen a need for another glock. I had a frame for a 43 that I was planning on building, but decided I didn't need another compact 9mm. I'm gonna get heat for saying this, but glocks are ugly 🤷‍♂️
I just figure they've gotta be popular for a reason and maybe if I buy one I'll finally get why everyone says they're so great… even though for me something like my VP9 is objectively better (for example, fully ambi controls since I'm left-handed).

I just figure they've gotta be popular for a reason and maybe if I buy one I'll finally get why everyone says they're so great… even though for me something like my VP9 is objectively better (for example, fully ambi controls since I'm left-handed).

I was never a Glock guy. I was looking for a new summer carry gun and tried the G26. At the time, there weren't dozens of compact pistols, and of everything I tried, the 26 disappeared best for the number of rounds.

Now, that said, I'm still not a Glock guy, despite carrying it every day for half the year. There is nothing great about the gun. It's just good enough at everything. The trigger doesn't feel that great, but I shoot the gun well. With the small extended mag, the grip is just tall enough for me to keep good control of the gun and perform decently on a plate rack. The sights are not target sights by any means, but you can acquire a target rapidly with them. The mag release has never worked well for me so I put an extended release in and sanded it down to fit well for my hands.

Bottom line, you probably can't go wrong. If you're not a big Glock fan now, you probably won't be one after you buy one, but it's still a good gun.

Last Edited:
Got a couple more in "under the wire" so to speak yesterday. .22 and 5.56. At first I didn't like the weight of the beretta (Walther made) due to polymer frame and very front heavy metal faux suppressor it came with. But changing to a light weight suppressor it actually feels balanced. We'll see how it shoots haven't shot either yet.

IMG_7313.jpeg
IMG_7320.jpeg

AK looks to be a Pioneer. In which case, invest in a replacement firing bin (Beryl if you can find one). The original firing pins on these are prone to breaking and usually by around 1500 rounds. Mine did, but it's a widely known issue.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top