JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chest and arms today followed by some ab work and 10 minutes on the assault bike.

205 today on the bench for 5 reps. I was like, "Damn, I'm feeling weak today." And when I was done I realized I had grabbed 2 35 lb plates instead of my usual 25 lb ones. 😆

My goal is 220 for a couple of reps.

Just finished up with 9/10ths of a mile run. My weightloss coach calls it jogging, since I'm not moving fast enough. My view is I got around the block a lot faster than if I was sitting on the couch.
Good job, man! Just stay consistent and you'll see results.

FWIW and I'm too lazy to look through this thread to see if I've already mentioned it, during the pandemic when the gyms shut down I started running in the morning before work. At first it was a run/walk thing around the block and it was painful since I had little endurance, but by the time the gyms opened back up I was running two miles each morning at a good pace.

You can accomplish anything in the gym or other fitness goals with a good Spotify playlist and the right headphones. I use these during my workouts:
Sony WH-1000XM5 Noise Canceling Wireless Headphones - 30hr Battery Life - Over-Ear Style - Optimized for Alexa and Google Assistant - Built-in mic for Calls - Black https://a.co/d/08pf0IGJ

I already train jiu jitsu 2x a week. I've been trying to make it a habit to run 2.5 miles at least twice a week since I live within walking distance of a track. When I was in my early 20s it was easy to just go bust out a 20 minute 2.5 mile but now that I'm older its definitely not as easy as it used to be. On top of this I've started doing calorie counting and I was surprised at how much I was eating a day and didn't realize it! Hope is I can get myself down to ~220 which is what I was in my 20s (currently 265ish).

Thursday is my second "pull" day of the week, so forearms, biceps, and back. Always warm up/cool down with some light cardio.
Here's my routine.

1000003061.jpg

I already train jiu jitsu 2x a week. I've been trying to make it a habit to run 2.5 miles at least twice a week since I live within walking distance of a track. When I was in my early 20s it was easy to just go bust out a 20 minute 2.5 mile but now that I'm older its definitely not as easy as it used to be. On top of this I've started doing calorie counting and I was surprised at how much I was eating a day and didn't realize it! Hope is I can get myself down to ~220 which is what I was in my 20s (currently 265ish).
Just curious, what would you say is the oldest student at your gym? I'd love to take jiu-jitsu but at 55 I'd be afraid I wouldn't be flexible enough and injury-prone.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top