JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
chain type and sharpness have a lot to do with battery life
your Greenqworks 60V is rated as equivalent power to your 362
Chains are sharp & cut well, battery life in anything of size is miserable. It will cut fine on small brush & lasts an hour or so. In the real world there's no comparison between the 2 saws cutting firewood.

or I could sell our place in Lake Oswego and move to property and leave such lifestyle restrictions to those who choose to live under them
sometimes I can't sleep, being old, and I sit out on the porch at 4 in the morning
hear dogs barking and howling up and down the valley
I guess if you live in the urban environment where to dog is only 30' away, it may be an issue, I know our hound is a loud one
but when the closest dog is 200 yrds away, it's not an issue for me
ever hear a coon hound howl on a quiet night? His baying echos for over half a mile
the Idaho family has our hounds litter mate - they sit out at night and howl at each other
I do hear dogs, sheep, the neighbor's bobcat or similar from time to time. Mostly it is the damn birds that wake me up these days. By the shot pattern I am pretty sure someone killed the hell out of a decent-sized animal down in my ravine maybe a week ago. I am on 6 acres, 5 is forest.

I do hear dogs, sheep, the neighbor's bobcat or similar from time to time. Mostly it is the damn birds that wake me up these days. By the shot pattern I am pretty sure someone killed the hell out of a decent-sized animal down in my ravine maybe a week ago. I am on 6 acres, 5 is forest.
on nights' I can't sleep, I may sit out on the porch from 4 till early dawn, then go back to bed and sleep until 10 or so
I drift in and out of sleep with the early dawn birds
I worked 50 years to earn this retirement and I'm going to enjoy it

Chains are sharp & cut well, battery life in anything of size is miserable. It will cut fine on small brush & lasts an hour or so. In the real world there's no comparison between the 2 saws cutting firewood.
I'm sorry that's your experience
that's not what I get with my 56V Ego 20"
it ripped through an 18" maple and only dropped 1 bar
now, I haven't used it for bucking yet
for limbing a down maple of Fir, I use a 20V, 16" Ryobi
I can limb a 50' Fir and go through half a 5AH battery with the Ryobi

now someone mentioned they take a file to their chains at the end of every day
I have square cut and chisel tip chains
a round file will ruin one of these chains
bought a square cut chain sharpener for Harbor Freight

it's their property, they have the right to do what ever down there
remember, Freedom is your right to do what ever you want until you infringe on someone else's right to do what they want
the chainsaws and fireworks and gunfire don't bother me
10 years ago, they could have been said about me on my property

a neighbor started cooking meth for his personal use a while back
my wife called county Sheriffs
they told her as long as he wasn't selling, he could cook meth all he wanted on his own remote property
the same neighbor had an illegal Marijuana grow operation (for family use for 6 family members), sheriffs wouldn't come out for that ether

View attachment 1905115
Which county did you say this was??:D

we have a Stile 036 but everyday cutting is with 3 battery saws
have you seen the new 20" farm saw from EGO, has a 56V battery. has 3 speed power setting
does everything my old Stile does
one winter, we had a tree fall across our road and couldn't get out
gas for the chain saw was 4 mo old, had gone bad - bought my first battery saw that week
you can keep one in your truck all year long without the smell of gas and oil fumes
I put stabilize additive in my gas cans and keeps the gasoline fresh for many months. I use a gas 4 cycle combination edger and weed whacker, gas lawn mower and gas chainsaw. I suppose if they break down then I may buy battery powered instead. I do have battery powered hedge trimmer and reciprocating saw, and a drill.

Which county did you say this was??:D
I spent 2 years in Colorado, back in my youth, at Fitzimons Army medial Center - '73 and '77
good memories of camping and fishing the Rockies
I remember camping near Estes Park and watching the sun come up over Kansas
there was a good Bar in Central City that accepted a lot of my money
if one has never had Coors Beer up above 8000', that has never been above 40 deg, then you would not understand Coors

I spent 2 years in Colorado, back in my youth, at Fitzimons Army medial Center - '73 and '77
good memories of camping and fishing the Rockies
I remember camping near Estes Park and watching the sun come up over Kansas
there was a good Bar in Central City that accepted a lot of my money
if one has never had Coors Beer up above 8000', that has never been above 40 deg, then you would not understand Coors
This I posted on the "Gonna die on a motorcycle" thread active now.

Rapid City, South Dakota, 1975: (and a large part of why I ride to survive)

Being the least drunk G.I. at a party that ran out of beer, I was appointed runner.

....to Gilette, Wyoming. Where Coors could be bought. Before Coors was Pasteurized (cooked), and was only available where it could arrive kept cold from the brewery to point of sale. It actually tasted like beer. Fresh beer.

Worth the trip, if you haven't caught my drift.

Vehicle available: a Honda CL350. A High-Pipe "college level" bike that could do the highway pretty good for its size. Bulletproof reliable.

Station wagon lady made a left turn against a red, and thank God I'd touched the brakes on approach and had the green.

Laid the Honda down, got behind it as we skidded on the blacktop, and the bike went partially under the car, my hands went forward and dented her door a bit.

I got up, cursing, driver lady was horrified, asked if I was okay (this is about midnight), I knew at a glance she had no insurance, I retrieved the bike from under her car, made the trip to Gilette and back with 4 cases of Coors bungeed to the Pussy Perch.
:cool:

I'm sorry that's your experience
that's not what I get with my 56V Ego 20"
it ripped through an 18" maple and only dropped 1 bar
now, I haven't used it for bucking yet
for limbing a down maple of Fir, I use a 20V, 16" Ryobi
I can limb a 50' Fir and go through half a 5AH battery with the Ryobi

now someone mentioned they take a file to their chains at the end of every day
I have square cut and chisel tip chains
a round file will ruin one of these chains
bought a square cut chain sharpener for Harbor Freight
I usually run 3/8 050 stihl rsc. Never ran any square tooth so I don't know how it cuts. Been told it doesn't dull as easy in dirty wood.

This I posted on the "Gonna die on a motorcycle" thread active now.

Rapid City, South Dakota, 1975: (and a large part of why I ride to survive)

Being the least drunk G.I. at a party that ran out of beer, I was appointed runner.

....to Gilette, Wyoming. Where Coors could be bought. Before Coors was Pasteurized (cooked), and was only available where it could arrive kept cold from the brewery to point of sale. It actually tasted like beer. Fresh beer.

Worth the trip, if you haven't caught my drift.

Vehicle available: a Honda CL350. A High-Pipe "college level" bike that could do the highway pretty good for its size. Bulletproof reliable.

Station wagon lady made a left turn against a red, and thank God I'd touched the brakes on approach and had the green.

Laid the Honda down, got behind it as we skidded on the blacktop, and the bike went partially under the car, my hands went forward and dented her door a bit.

I got up, cursing, driver lady was horrified, asked if I was okay (this is about midnight), I knew at a glance she had no insurance, I retrieved the bike from under her car, made the trip to Gilette and back with 4 cases of Coors bungeed to the Pussy Perch.
:cool:
it was common practice back in the '70 for any GI being transferred out of Colorado to call ahead to his next post and ask for their order on Coors
their last day, they would load up a U-Haul with Coors on ice and drive straight through to their next posting
Coors sold for double the Colorado retail price on the Army posts in Texas
I was on 2 week maneuvers at Ft Sam in Texas in the late '70s
our Major bought a couple cases of beer for the NCOs - Lone Star Beer
I took one sip and spit it out
told the Major "with all due respect, Sir, I'd rather go without than drink Lone Star"
had a case of Coors back in the barracks I brought with me

They outta make a movie about sneaking Coors Beer to some eastern state...
You could have one guy drivin' a black Trans Am and his buddy haulin' the beer in his truck....oh wait...:D
Andy
200.gif

Pretty sure this post has all but solidified the idea I need to move once more… I need to be surrounded by some of those Idahoans. Moved out to almost Ridgefield side of Vancouver from the very Liberal Twin Cities post the giant protests/ marshmallow roasts they had a few years back looking for a fair bit of Freedom and it appears I overshot my target…. Hopping on Redfin to see if I can rectify my mistake! Thanks OP for the much needed clarity.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top