JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That's correct. They even titled it "Narrative."

The document prepared by Uvalde officials and labeled "narrative" was obtained by The New York Times after a public information request. Its account of events differed in significant aspects from the one described by McCraw's agency, the Department of Public Safety, which is leading the police investigation into the shooting and the law enforcement response.
Taken from.

Aloha, Mark

Um...yea...I don't trust that DPS has the objectivity necessary to conduct an impartial investigation. It seems pretty obvious to me that every cop in that hallway screwed up in a major way. And I'm betting there were DPS agents in that hallway who did nothing just like the local guys.

McGraw seems more interested, to me, in laying the blame on the local cops than trying to get to the root of what broke down. Not to mention, who would you think would be better trained and equipped to handle a situation like this? A six person local school police department or the the State Police/DPS? McGraw and his people are just as responsible for this mess as Arredondo and his guys are.

And as far as I can tell, there were 8 different agencies on the scene of this thing but NOBODY was in charge and/or stepped up to assume command. How do we get to 2022 with all the mass shootings we've had and there isn't a well established protocol for who takes command when multiple agencies are present? :rolleyes:

That's correct. They even titled it "Narrative."

Taken from.

Aloha, Mark
Cowards.

I heard someone excuse the Uvalde Police for waiting outside the classroom because it had a "fire door that opened outward." Because it opened outward, "there is no way to breach" such a door. "You can only breach a door that opens inward."

This seems odd. I can see having a door open into the hall as a way to make it easier for the children to exit a classroom in an emergency, but that would be of marginal value. I can see it as a design detail promoted by bureaucrats, but in practice, the doors partially block the hallways when open, unless allowed to open all the way against the wall of the hall. None of the classroom doors in our school district open into the hall. Maybe it was a thing in Texas in the 1950's, when that school was built.

Anyway, since the UPD has recently trained for an active shooter, wouldn't they have a procedure for breaching a door commonly used in their schools?

I heard someone excuse the Uvalde Police for waiting outside the classroom because it had a "fire door that opened outward." Because it opened outward, "there is no way to breach" such a door. "You can only breach a door that opens inward."
Artist rendering? o_O

PullDoor.png

As a retired LEO it's my opinion that those involved in this incident were derelict of their duty and cowards.

I once told a chief I worked for, that I would not wait for a SWAT team if there was an active shooter at our local school. He told me that I would. I told him he could fire me after that if he wanted but I would not obey that order. I'm glad it never happened. Those poor kids.

As a retired LEO it's my opinion that those involved in this incident were derelict of their duty and cowards.

I once told a chief I worked for, that I would not wait for a SWAT team if there was an active shooter at our local school. He told me that I would. I told him he could fire me after that if he wanted but I would not obey that order. I'm glad it never happened. Those poor kids.
Also (Ret) but we were trained in active shooter scenarios post-Columbine. LE has been politically sold primarily as a service occupation. They have grossly downplayed the personal level of risk and instantaneous violence that is necessary to restore peace. The current crop of woke-with-a-badge cops predicts many future such tragedies. Flight is stressed more than fight.

Um...yea...I don't trust that DPS has the objectivity necessary to conduct an impartial investigation. It seems pretty obvious to me that every cop in that hallway screwed up in a major way. And I'm betting there were DPS agents in that hallway who did nothing just like the local guys.

McGraw seems more interested, to me, in laying the blame on the local cops than trying to get to the root of what broke down. Not to mention, who would you think would be better trained and equipped to handle a situation like this? A six person local school police department or the the State Police/DPS? McGraw and his people are just as responsible for this mess as Arredondo and his guys are.

And as far as I can tell, there were 8 different agencies on the scene of this thing but NOBODY was in charge and/or stepped up to assume command. How do we get to 2022 with all the mass shootings we've had and there isn't a well established protocol for who takes command when multiple agencies are present? :rolleyes:
Arrogance.

Joe

SheepDog!

Joe

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top