JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
One NWFA member here actually said this last month. "Russia. Not Communist and quite frankly not all that authoritarian either. Putin is good at scaring the west . Its almost a game to him but the people in Russia don't live under authoritarian rule"
I remember that. Probably the same guy I argued with lol. They are just propagandists whose hatred of Biden and the US Government clouds their intellect and rational reasoning. Because ultimately, they don't have a true, genuine reason for why they hate Ukraine, besides the fact that a Democrat somewhere supported them. That's all they have.

Amen. That's how I grew up. Everyone kept their politics to themselves and saved it for the voting booths, and radicals and extremists were few and far in between, and were treated like the lunatics that they were, rather than validated and given a platform.

Politics was boring and we weren't nearly this divided. I miss that.
Yep..the squeezing of the middle. Destroying families. Creating 'others'. Toxic discussion everywhere you look. Divided we stand.

It almost seems planned. Maybe it is. Or maybe it was all present, but the internet just brought out the worst of us. I have my opinions.

But I will say it does nothing but provide aid to our external enemies. They love it.

Yep..the squeezing of the middle. Destroying families. Creating 'others'. Toxic discussion everywhere you look. Divided we stand.

It almost seems planned. Maybe it is. Or maybe it was all present, but the internet just brought out the worst of us. I have my opinions.

But I will say it does nothing but provide aid to our external enemies. They love it.
I think the internet has certainly played a part in it for sure. For instance, back in 2001 when the internet was still new, not many people believed that 9/11 was a controlled explosion, or some other idiotic conspiracy. Most rational people saw first-hand what happened on that day. But as each anniversary goes by, I can't help but feel as if their ranks are swelling.

And that's just one conspiracy of many. The internet is the best, and worst, thing to ever happen to humanity.

Two sides of the same coin for sure. I've long mourned the death of center.

Also, re: Putin. I'm just waiting for the Putin apologists to enter the debate in 5.4.3....

One NWFA member here actually said this last month. "Russia. Not Communist and quite frankly not all that authoritarian either. Putin is good at scaring the west . Its almost a game to him but the people in Russia don't live under authoritarian rule"

Ya heard that right folks. people in Russia don't live under authoritarian rule.
Yep thats me. I might know a wee bit more about what its really like in Russia than you do,. Why dont you fill us in on your "I know what Im talking about "credentials? Then I'll bore you with my laundry list and we can compare them.

Last Edited:
Ever been there?
Nope and don't plan on it. I've never been to N. Korea either..but I assume it's not all the glory Kim makes it out to be.

Seriously..." the people in Russia don't live under authoritarian rule"

That's you man.

And because your relatives say it's a great place to be and it's all US/Nato's fault..you believe that?

You believe they're free to express what they actually believe? On the phone? In email? Come on.

Nope and don't plan on it. I've never been to N. Korea either..but I assume it's not all the glory Kim makes it out to be.

Seriously..." the people in Russia don't live under authoritarian rule"

That's you man.
Yes, they do not live under authoritarian rule. Seriously. Total crock. Its like most other countries in the world where there is a limit to freedom of speech but really not as much as you think. Piss off the wrong guy you'll end up Epsteined like we do here. Otherwise normal as usual.

Undergraduate minor in Russian studies, lived in St Petersburg 97-98. Married to one ( former communist party member too :) ) for 26 years. I used to travel frequently to Russia before the US shut down travel. Lots of in law types, nieces, nephews etc. What you think you know is BS to a level that would leave you feeling manipulated if you were smart enough to feel manipulated.

Last Edited:
Yes, they do not live under authoritarian rule. Seriously. Total crock. Its like most other countries in the world where there is a limit to freedom of speech but really not as much as you think. Piss off the wrong guy you'll end up Epsteined like we do here. Otherwise normal as usual.

Undregraduate Russian studies, lived there 97-98. Married to wone for 26 years. I used to travel frequently to Russia before the US shut down travel. What you think you know is BS to a level that would leave you feeling manipulated if you were smart enough to feel manipulated.
Well buddy...I guess I'm not smart. I think your own comments will prove your own intelligence. Actually pretty sure of that.

What'cha do there? Go out with the fishing boats across the evening water, smuggling guns and arms across the Spanish border?

Don't mind me, I'm just sitting over her doing my own thing :)
I sat on the beach , drank a lot, ogled pretty Spanish girls and did my best to land some fish. It was in my long Hemingway phase.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top