JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our first was when Plasma first hit. We had a nice (for that time) 32 that worked great for tube TV. Big box store was getting ready to go under and had a sale 3 years same as cash. So went and looked at 50inch and was impressed. Damn thing was several K :eek:
It was so heavy they brought it out to the truck with a forklift. Took two people to pick it up when I got home. It was nice though. 15 years later one of out kids was still watching that thing even though it was not supposed to last that long. This latest, greatest was $700 and I can pick it up myself. Things have changed a LOT :s0140:
I was just shocked at how clear the pic actually is. Had never really bothered to pay any attention at the store so thought that it was hype till I saw it. Even the dogs had to get used to it, thinking at first they were looking through a window and people were their in their house :s0140:
As another poster mentioned I HATE the theater due to the damn mess and noise. Even when there was not some moron talking on their phone the floor was sticky and I just felt like I needed a shower when I got home from sitting in those seats
My then girlfriend and now wife and I got a Sears CC soon after hitting 18 right after we got our first apartment (we moved into my parents place at 17 when the rest of my family went back overseas).

Bought a duel alarm alarm clock (that still works and is in our room for I have no idea why now that we set alarms on our phones) and a 27" Panasonic TV. Big money at the time.

That TV lasted for well over 10 years and at some point we decided to upgrade. I was working a very good job in communications and split shifts basically so in the 2000's I was making dang good money. Went and bought a 55" Plasma for 5K. Finding Nemo was amazing lol.

My parents and brother both bought LCDs and while mine gave us a good 15 years, they replaced theirs 3 times.

Now I still buy 55" TV's because they fit the space and I'm happy with it. The first one was $350 I think and the next one 4-5 years later was $300.

Same experience - it was a fiasco getting the plasma out but I put the new one in alone and wondered 1st - how light and thin the thing was and then 2nd - how could a $350 TV look better then one I paid 5K for???

Was the only time I splurged on top end tech and was and will be the last but for years a had the nicest TV in the family and they spent not a little bit on theirs and the replacements so it probably worked out but they got upgrades every couple years.

That 27" was still kicking when I gave it away. Man things have changed.

I really don't eat out anymore except on a date. Wait... That could be worded better.
You just come off like a cheap @sobo impersonator when you say such things.

DxhRUa_VYAE5kHg.jpg

Our first was when Plasma first hit. We had a nice (for that time) 32 that worked great for tube TV. Big box store was getting ready to go under and had a sale 3 years same as cash. So went and looked at 50inch and was impressed. Damn thing was several K
Dang, our first flat screen was the 50" Sony Vieta (at the time, the top ranked and most expensive plasma). That was '05. It still has a great picture (in the spare bedroom now) even though the life expectancy of the plasma screen was supposedly only 8 years.

Last day off I took the Wife to a Red Robin.
Haven't been to a Red Robin since I discovered Blazing Onion -- way better burgers and no mildew stink by their drink dispensers.

Anyway, 65" is big enough now, especially with the great LED options.

It's a mash of the Coen Brothers (Fargo), Quentin Tarantino and Hitchcock all in one
Well, since you've named three (well, four, since two are brothers) of the all-time great filmmakers, I'll watch this movie.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top