JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those that use a shotgun as their primary home defense weapon, what shotgun are you running.

I've had my Marine Magnum for about 30 years. (The pic isn't of mine, but it's set up the same).

Marine Magnum.jpg

I have an 18.5" Mossberg 590A1 with a bead front sight and mlok foregrip. I'm gonna customize it with some GG&G equipment and a shorter LOP buttstock when I get around to it. Right now, however, I'm spending money on the yard and my last gun purchases before M114 goes into place.

Bought it new for $450. It's stiff to rack, but I'll probably just need to break it down and clean/lube it properly. Then take a shotgun class. Again: when I get around to it.

348308-14253576.jpg

So not really set up as a "home defense" gun yet; my Glock 45 has that title right now. But it will be someday.

Right now....
Its my 20 gauge Wingmaster.
Works well...and shoots well.

I know it ain't what most folks think of when "Home defense shotgun" is mentioned.
But as I said...it works well...and I shoot it well.
And even with the long 28 inch barrel...it still handles nicely for me...
Since I am used to maneuvering flintlock long rifles around , this gun is cinch.
Load for home defense is Federal's 2 3/4 , #3 buckshot....choke is fixed modified...shoots well with my gun.
Andy

Joe Biden special double barrel 12 gauge with two triggers. Mostly because it's too tall to fit in the safe. Big gun makes a big statement.

For those that use a shotgun as their primary home defense weapon, what shotgun are you running.

I've had my Marine Magnum for about 30 years. (The pic isn't of mine, but it's set up the same).

View attachment 1902206
I don't use them as primary but have them available and no question about short range effectiveness. Having 12-20 rounds on tap without reloading, 300 rounds per minute accurate rate of fire, folding stock for easy storage, red dot, and muzzle brake that reduces recoil by 50-70% makes them very effective.
Genesis AR platform is another great choice imo.

Last Edited:
Have all my life kept at least one short, pump, 12 for "home" use. When I lived in the SW one made a dandy Quail gun as the shots were so damn close and fast. Would just drop a plug in. Good while back I went to PCC's for home but kept an old Win 1300 Police Model the Wife bought me when we were dating. Keep it handy in case "social break down" comes my way. Last year when it looked like riots may break out bought a Shockwave. VERY interesting little guns. Never been brave enough to put 3" mag loads in it. With the 2 3/4 they are not bad at all. Would make a VERY effective around the home

I have two. 870 with short rifle sighted barrel, sidesaddle on stock, packed with buckshot and a couple slugs in the mix.

Second is a little single shot 410 for a second choice. It has a light on it.

I want to get a magazine extender and light for the 870 but it keeps slipping my mind.

My 18" Mossberg 12 ga "Maverick 88" cost less than I paid for the Shotlock, gun light, and #4 buck ammo. Dedicated to home defense, it just hangs on the wall. If I ever have to use it, the police will probably hold it in evidence longer than I have left in this world.

12 ga Maverick 88 Shotgun .jpg

I doubt that anyone would try to knockdown my doors, and they probably won't climb through a windows... But just in the case that any ducks try to go full Alfred Hitchcock, in TECHNICOLOR, I keep a fowl weather flock feller full of flack.

ui_DUcKgun.png
Quick Quack

590 8+1 20" Persuader

Got the Mossberg because the 870's safety always bugged me and Mossberg's a tough b1tch.. Extra pistol grip for versatility. Bayonet lug because..well I own a bayonet..and 20" cause I may be shooting down drones sometime in the future.

#4 buck for home use with a #00 topper for cleanup.

Plus it's kinda badass.

50694_590_hshield_9shot_pluspgrip_6u0q0kyirbmwoyya.jpg

Mossberg 590-A1, magpul furniture, S.O.E. single point sling, streamlight attached to forend. S.O.E. side saddle with Brenneke slugs, tube extension.

It sits in a rack over the bed in cruiser-ready condition.

Am I the only MF who uses a load of loosely compressed cinnamon and black pepper?? Imagine getting a load of THAT blasted up the schnoz

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top