JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the new b,s, in WA, I am sure I can't sell it here. Can I even ship it out of state if I sell it on GB? Hanging onto it isn't a problem, don't need the money. But I am getting a hankering for an anti materiel/elephant gun. I spent more money than I should have getting the M1a kitted out and hate to see it go to waste, it has about ten or twelve rounds through it.

Pretty much as I figured. I may put it up here as we do have a few members who are not Washington residents. As long as I stipulate it will not be sold in Washington I don't for see any issues.

If all else fails, you could wait for the next buy back.

Then you can see what the scalpers are willing to pay. Similar to a gun show but without paying for a table.

There are a few FFL's that will buy guns for a decent price in WA, or at least one in Spokane I know of. Guy will usually SHOW you on Gunbroker what they are going for (that is sold auctions not some idiot's perceived value) and give you up to 70 or so percent of its value. He puts it on GB and sells it hoping the market will allow him a little profit. He packs and ships and makes sure it all goes through legally. I have seen this happen. I believe one can sell a gun on Gunbroker and ship directly to an FFL, but if you show up on GB with zero feedback and some crazy over priced rifle, you won't sell it and most people will think you are a Nigerian scam artist.

There are benefits to bringing your gun (especially an illegal to sell gun) into an FFL and putting it on consignment or selling it outright. Also the classifieds here? You can do that too, but again if you are an unknown, people may not trust that you will fulfill your end of the bargain. I know I am gonna be hard pressed to send guy a big fat money order and hope he goes right to the post office with my goods.

If you think it through an FFL is a great place to start.

Its a gun that hits so hard, it de-atomize matter, shifts time and creates a hole in space.
338 Lapua

personally, I would hang on to the M1A and have your wife get a second job
I sold my first one back in '94 and regretted it
finally acquired another one and it will pass down for generations
it's like a Garand, a timeless American classic

What is an 'anti material/elephant gun' ?
I would say those are both different things. A .50 bmg would be anti material due to kinetic energy but also the heavy AP/incendiary/explosive payload that big .510 bullet can carry.

An elephant gun is more like a .458 Lott

My buddy sold his M1A and I regret it for him all the time. Don't sell things the govt doesn't want you to have… you will never get one again u less you move.

An elephant gun is more like a .458 Lott
Yes, very true. Also .700/577. Because one may be classy and wacky simultaneously. :s0155:

1718249907101.png

My buddy sold his M1A and I regret it for him all the time. Don't sell things the govt doesn't want you to have… you will never get one again u less you move.
for the life of me, I can't figure why Washington banned the Springfield Armory M1A
not even California or New Jersey banned them
it has never been used in a mass shooting
never used in a school shooting in Florida
never used in a church shooting in Tenn
never used to shoot up a Walmart in Texas
never used to shoot up a Union Hall in California
never used in a party shooting in Georgia
has not be ever used in a gang shootings in Chicago or Detroit
doesn't have a bayonet lug or a killer barrel shroud
doesn't have a Glock Switch
no 100 rnd drum magazine, not even a 30 rnd
but according to our Governor, if you own one, you desire to be the next mass shooter

for the life of me, I can't figure why Washington banned the Springfield Armory M1A
not even California or New Jersey banned them
it has never been used in a mass shooting
never used in a school shooting in Florida
never used in a church shooting in Tenn
never used to shoot up a Walmart in Texas
never used to shoot up a Union Hall in California
never used in a party shooting in Georgia
has not be ever used in a gang shootings in Chicago or Detroit
doesn't have a bayonet lug or a killer barrel shroud
doesn't have a Glock Switch
no 100 rnd drum magazine, not even a 30 rnd
but according to our Governor, if you own one, you desire to be the next mass shooter
The M1A specifically isn't banned. An M1A with detachable box magazines and threaded barrel, however, is. They do sell unthreaded versions

Unless downsizing due to health/age I'd keep it! The M1A is an amazing rifle.. that and it's harder and harder to obtain things in WA. Who knows what else they'll ban.

It's your journey though! If it's super tricked out it may be hard to recoup that investment.

I'm curious about this elephant gun you speak of???

The M1A specifically isn't banned. An M1A with detachable box magazines and threaded barrel, however, is. They do sell unthreaded versions
here is the list
Springfield Armory M1A is listed as a banned firearm by Washington for future sales

if you have one, you can keep it, but you'll never buy another one

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top