JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
None of the above are bolt action...see the problem?

I see that some people don't think the idea applies to a bolt action, but think it does to a lever action - both of them are primarily hunting firearms. How many would like it if it was properly implemented with a small sized action and lightweight? Even better, with an interchangeable barrel?

How many like a TC Contender? With a carbine stock?

Agreed, just failing to see why a manufacturer would set up an production line for it. Oh well.
I look at it that at least in this country we still have the option for the odd stuff (as well as the normal stuff), no matter how weird or distasteful. If they want to lose money, it's on them. I see it as a short production item that is destined to become a collectors piece.

Help me out guys but I'm not seeing the point in this thing. Its made in several calibers and if you had the extra scratch maybe its enticing but to me its more whats the point!!! What do you think?

View attachment 694639

Reminds me of those weird looking guns that never sell much and years later are worth $$$$

Since the XP-100 was referenced in the original post and follow ups, note there were some weird looking stock variants back in the day:

american-handgunner-july-august-1982-jeffersonian.jpg

Pictured edition in PDF here.

So my LGS has a version of this on their shelf. In 300 BO and a threaded barrel. I saw it and had to ask.
Allegedly, this was a home brew their shop smith built up and came out right around shot when the bigger brands introduced them. The idea, as the guy told me was that in some places/times you can only hunt with handguns. And that as a handgun, it can be kept loaded in a vehicle. Plus short enough to make going through the bush easily managed.
How much truth is in any of that, I don't know. I like the idea, but not sure I would want one.

I can see a 300 BO for the reason that anything over 10" is a waste of barrel anyway. And yeah , handgun hunting season is a thing. .223 ? Nope.

I like the concept and see it listed for release in 300 Blackout which makes a lot of sense. Fun, compact package that would be great fun suppressed, ultra quite fun and you won't be getting gassed in your face. Why does a firearm have to have a purpose other than putting a smile on your face?

The point is to make money and people will definitely buy them because they look tactical. Especially with all the helicopter money floating around. :rolleyes:

I've been interested in a 300 black upper with a short barrel for my SBR. While looking around I found this thing. The PorkSword. Interesting to say the least. Expensive for what it is though.

Sub only bolt gun for 50-200 yards, could be useful if light and compact

1589078695906.jpeg

I think this Remington, like many other random different type firearms are just a way to sell more guns.

Someone interested in something like the Pork Sword, or other "pistol" type bolt actions popping up out there, might not want to pay the $$$$ for it do they settle with the Remmy for $$$.

If anything, like said already. It's just a gun someone out there will see and like, then buy. If that's not you, there are tons more to choose from.

I once shot a Remington XP100 mid-grip bolt action pistol in 30-06.... it was a blast... errrrrr, FUN!!!

I think I was mistaken... the XP100 was never made in 30-06 and the one I shot looked like the one below, a Lone Eagle, which was made in many calibers, including 30-06:

BigLoneSmall-600x269.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top