JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife picked this up while perusing the PIGYS sales in my neck of the woods. I've found a few bits and pieces about it. Looks like LAPD was the biggest user, but they were used by police forces across the country here and there. Many were setup for an S&W Model 10 .38 revolver 6" barrel but some were molded for different revolvers and I think later there were a few for 1911's. Wondering of any of you out there can decipher the markings on it that indicate which revolver its set up for. I tried my Ruger Security 6 in it and it was no bueno...

From what I can tell, the markings are:

9 REC 64
C OP 6

*Edit to add..Apologize for the chitty pics.*

Clamshell 1.jpg Clamshell 2.jpg Clamshell 3.jpg Clamshell 4.jpg

My wife picked this up while perusing the PIGYS sales in my neck of the woods. I've found a few bits and pieces about it. Looks like LAPD was the biggest user, but they were used by police forces across the country here and there. Many were setup for an S&W Model 10 .38 revolver 6" barrel but some were molded for different revolvers and I think later there were a few for 1911's. Wondering of any of you out there can decipher the markings on it that indicate which revolver its set up for. I tried my Ruger Security 6 in it and it was no bueno...

From what I can tell, the markings are:

9 REC 64
C OP 6

*Edit to add..Apologize for the chitty pics.*

View attachment 1906156 View attachment 1906157 View attachment 1906158 View attachment 1906159
Google CA Hoffman &Son.
That will take you to a page where you can get info from several sources.
👍👍

I remember seeing a scene in ADAM-12 of one being used, and I saw one at a shooting range that someone had bought at a yard sale. Seemed like a gimmicky system to me.

Apparently, they had some issues

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top