JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trigger job on Axis is done and for less than $5 it is amazing. I did not have a proper spring or set screw here at home so I made a quick trip to our local ACE. The stainless spring was $2.99 and I bought two 10-24 set screws since I wasn't sure what length I wanted. I ended up using the 1/2" long screw. I don't mind a little overtravel.

It took two hours start to finish and that included trip to ACE and trying to find various things. I used a dremel with polishing wheel and some Nufinish to buff the sear surfaces. I used some moly AR grease for lube after polish job.

The entire job easily cut the trigger effort by half or more. Here is the spring comparison. The factory spring is the gold one next to set screw. The smaller diameter end of the factory spring threaded into hole in trigger. A set screw is necessary to hold new spring. The stainless spring piece on far right, is what was left over. I cut a piece that was less than half the total spring length, to use in rifle. The set screw in photo is the 3/4" long one I didn't use. The 1/2" screw is in the rifle.

1000003291.jpg

I don't have a trigger pull gauge but it is much much better than before.

I can't find my shooting bags (darn reorganization) so I am going to try out this super cheap rest, I got from Dick's when they liquidated all their gun stuff. It's missing the rubberized rear inlay, hence the towel. I paid like $5 or $10 for it. I think I might actually like it more than the bags, stability wise.

1000003290.jpg