JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my cousin was doing some repairs in his attic crawl space of the house he moved into last year. And he found an old beat up knife. There are no markings besides the word JAPAN on one of the sides.

Almost looks like maybe it was a kitchen knife that someone altered the profile of but I'm not sure. All I know is that someone really screwed up the edge with a grinder or something and it took forever to try getting the tool marks to sand out and get a decent 25 degree edge on it. But I think it cleaned up pretty nice.

Any thoughts from anyone more experienced are certainly appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_1239.jpg IMG_1241.jpg

A buddy that was an commercial fisherman always had a tether like that on his working knives. That said I don't know who made or modified the one pictured.

With just the word Japan on it dates it a little. after WWII there was a stigma attached to anything that said JAPAN. So from the late 40's through the reconstruction [about the early 60's] they stamped products NIPPON [ it means JAPAN] and then by the mid 60's made in Japan just meant cheap. So it was probably made mid 60's to the late 70's. After that, cheap goods came from China

So my cousin was doing some repairs in his attic crawl space of the house he moved into last year. And he found an old beat up knife. There are no markings besides the word JAPAN on one of the sides.

Almost looks like maybe it was a kitchen knife that someone altered the profile of but I'm not sure. All I know is that someone really screwed up the edge with a grinder or something and it took forever to try getting the tool marks to sand out and get a decent 25 degree edge on it. But I think it cleaned up pretty nice.

Any thoughts from anyone more experienced are certainly appreciated.

Thanks.

View attachment 1897007 View attachment 1897008
All I've ever found in my attic is insulation and mummified birds 😭😭😭

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top