JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMHO......some of you just want to HEAR if measure 114 is Constitutional or not? The easy answer is......"ALL LAWS are presumed to be Constitutional". Unless/until they are deemed to be otherwise, by a Court.

So then, from my observations.....
Most times, when faced with such contentious Constitutional issues.....
Well, getting a simple answers, ain't so easy. Courts can change their minds and get over ruled and in some/most cases......they won't even have to take responsibility. Rrrrright.....lose their job for making a stupid decision(s). That's unlikely.

And even with/when a SCOTUS decision is in hand.......there will be those (Anti-gunners) who will ignore it. Or they'll just pass a new law (with the wording a little bit different) and go on from there.

Well, one could just READ the BRUEN decision. Rrrrrright......it came down from the SCOTUS a while ago. And yet.....various States, have continued to pass new legislation that don't/won't, "Pass the BRUEN test". Why is that?

Mind you that, the State by State fights to deny YOU your 2nd A rights continues. And will probably continue, as long as Liberal Politicians are elected to posts of power. One thing for certain is that the Liberal Anti-gunners will NOT give up. So, they'll continue to use my Tax Dollars and the AG's office (for their lawyers).

While we pro-gun people, are forced to raise funds. Guss who will probably run out of money first?

So then, what should we do.....VOTE them out?

Good. But, they've already changed their strategy a while ago. Rrrrright......the Voting for m114 was done with a Ballot Measures. Yeah, you can't hold a politician accountable anymore. Anyway.....Politician(s) claim : "It wasn't MY FAULT. The voters wanted it and the voters spoke." See how that works?

So......what about the Voters? Did the Voters really understand the issues? And, what about, "In the future"?

1718172786951.png

IMHO......many voters don't care and/or don't have enough knowledge to understand that ALL LAWS must be Constitutional. So then......ask yourself...."What does the "average voter" know about the 2nd Amendment?"

So.....Un-Constitutional or Constitutional? Remember.....the presumption is that, ALL LAWS ARE CONSITUTIONAL (unless found otherwise). They'll say : "Let them fight it out in Court".

Meanwhile, they're one step closer.......

1718173587946.png

Aloha, Mark

PS........

1718173157651.png

Since we are using ballot measures to make law(s). Why do we even need to pay for a Legislature?

Last Edited:
Is this thread still covering any actual m114 litigation? Last I heard, defendants were requesting the state's appeal be dismissed due to deadline for transcript being missed. Anything since then or are we in limbo?
Let's please keep it on topic.
Other threads for other issues can be found here:
If there isn't already a thread about the topic you want to discuss, feel free to create one 🇺🇸

YOU can choose not to watch. No one is forcing you to watch.

Aloha, Mark
I think the point is that the guy posts blatant misinformation, hyped up half truths and you have to watch to the very end of his videos to get close to anything that can be considered objective fact. There are better channels out there that do not resort to clickbait and misleading titles and openers, and most people here do not seem to appreciate his content, nor do we think he is someone worth promoting to less informed members. If you do keep posting his videos be prepared to have every one of those posts replied to with something resembling this one, as (yes) we don't have to watch, but we also want to make sure others who are not in the know about the guy don't watch either.

Oh great not again. I will not click that video because the guy has no interest in telling the truth, only fooling people into watching his videos to make him $. The last video was a total lie showing Supreme Court and saying they overturned m114. It's complete bullbubblegum. He makes $ peddling lies getting people to click his videos. I could care less about his manner of speaking.
ThisGuy.gif

Hmmm. is this why the State added 5000 words beyond the customary 10000 words ?

Previously, Buehler clerked for Ninth Circuit Judge Alfred Goodwin, practiced commercial litigation at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, and served as an appellate attorney at the Oregon Department of Justice. He enjoys running, bicycling, watching baseball with his family, and once held a Guinness World Record after lecturing for nearly 52 hours on the history of the American presidency.

Hi folks. look like (to no one's great surprise) rosenblums army got Tonys motion to dismiss denied. from his recent FB post
View attachment 1898697
The laws and rules don't matter when your the dictating party in the state. Wise up Oregonians, time to vote for a more balanced state government, this one sided/one party rule is turning Oregon into Northern California.
:(

IMO it was a technicality but Tony was right to call them out on it as they appear to be too lax in enforcing deadlines. And hey there's always a chance so might as well.

But then it got overhyped into more than it was. The worst example of that was armed scholar YouTuber who twisted it into a lie to get poeple to view his channel/make $. Tony did the right thing but people inflated this to way more than it was.

Last Edited:
Unfortunate but unsurprising development. That's life in Oregon lately… thinking it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised for once, but it never happens.

I guess to add the natural next question; if the state doesn't have its ducks in a row, won't be held to a deadline to do so, and the court date is set for mere weeks away; is that likely to get some sort of indefinite extension as well?

I guess to add the natural next question; if the state doesn't have its ducks in a row, won't be held to a deadline to do so, and the court date is set for mere weeks away; is that likely to get some sort of indefinite extension as well?
I am not sure that will be the case. As disappointing as it is this is not actually the fault of the defense. It is the fault of the court and the state is justified in receiving the extension. The shenanigans is that none of that was communicated to the plaintiffs, but again, that is the fault of the court. If the tables had been reversed and it was our side that was waiting for corrected transcripts, had received verbal assurance that we could get those before filing we too would be crying foul if the "late" filing was not accepted. And if the court had not communicated that to the defense, again, not our fault and not our problem. It does not actually change anything about the case, it just means that things are pushed back a little lather than they otherwise would be. Annoying for sure, but let us remember we have the stay, not them. A delay impacts us far less than it impacts them, at least as far as legal goals go, and I am sure that played a significant part in the courts decision to allow the extension (or at least should have).

IMO if they needed it, then yes. If our side I would expect no.

Again, IMO, the decision has already been made and we are just waiting for the theater, so I don't expect a delay as the State wants their win ASAP.

IMO if they needed it, then yes. If our side I would expect no.

Again, IMO, the decision has already been made and we are just waiting for the theater, so I don't expect a delay as the State wants their win ASAP.
Its in State's favor to get the win, but also in the State's favor to drag it out and let the Fed case in 9th Circuit go as long as needed.. giving State more time to "fix what was wrong with M114" and put on agenda for 2025 Legislative session :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top