JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
200.gif
200.gif

Had a Taurus 1911 that I ended up selling to pay bills oh so long ago. Brand notwithstanding, the prior owner had done a to of custom work to it - custom trigger job, fantastic sights, polished feed ramp, upgraded springs, etc., so it ran like melted butter. Looking back on it now, I should have kept it.

I sold a pristine Yugo SKS 59/66 for way too cheap a few years ago. That one I really want back. But not at today's prices...

Sometimes wish I had kept my K-USA KR-9. That was fun.

The rest I do not regret selling at all.

My Valmets:

5a_8.jpg
8WIN-Folding-Stock_100866215_1167_9F54C34A43F9DAFE.jpg

But even today, long after the AWB expired, mags are $200 used, $500 new, a top cover is $300. Parts are very expensive. Just goes to show how important parts that wear out can be and how expensive they can get when they are rare.

So in that sense, I understand why it was a good idea to sell them and replace them with something much more affordable and less unique with regards to mags and parts.

I've not sold any guns I couldn't easily replace. I would think my P227 which ran flawlessly is the closest thing to true regret. I'd probably buy it back given the opportunity but I don't lose sleep over it

My Valmets:

View attachment 1907003
View attachment 1907004

But even today, long after the AWB expired, mags are $200 used, $500 new, a top cover is $300. Parts are very expensive. Just goes to show how important parts that wear out can be and how expensive they can get when they are rare.

So in that sense, I understand why it was a good idea to sell them and replace them with something much more affordable and less unique with regards to mags and parts.
ME TOO!!! Not the same as yours, and not my photo, but a set of these

Valmet over under.jpg

I wish I'd never sold...
Nothing really comes to mind. My interests, and corresponding collection, has always been eclectic and fluid. What was an intense interest a few years ago is only a faint memory now. Though I have settled on a small number of interests that seems to be more permanent. Both the fluidity and intensity of interest has dramatically declined in the last four or five years. Should that perspective remain, I don't know, but I suspect so due to the changing season of life.

So were there some I should have kept? Almost certainly yes. Do I care? Most certainly no.

6 mm remington varmint rifle, heavy douglas barrel, timney trigger, built on a nazi k-98 action. I was only in the thing $100. Hadn't shot it in years and sold it to a member here a decade or so ago.

To some extent, I regret every gun I ever sold, or traded. It would be silly to lose sleep over them though, when I consider the number of safe occupants that I don't have time to shoot and enjoy.

Had a IMI/Magnum Research baby eagle ii .40 s&w that I sold about 10 years ago right after my son was born because money was so tight. Regretted selling that gun the moment I had the money in my hand. It was solid, dependable and was a perfect fit. Nothing too special about it other than the fact that it was just a really well made pistol that was my first new handgun purchased straight from a storefront. I could always get another one, but it's not the same.

Also... my limited Ruger SP101 .357 mag 5 shot. Black cerakote with titanium nitride hammer and trigger. I think it was a 2.25" barrel. I put custom engraved grim reaper hand grips on it, only fired 50 rounds through it. Really a safe queen, but it was pretty. It was the only revolver I ever had and I loved it. Again, the kids take priority over hobbies.

1. MAK90, yeah, it was ugly, with that thumbhole stock. Oh well.
2. Ruger Vaquero, first gen, large frame, .45 Colt, just a fun shooter, very accurate in my hands.
3. Century M72 RPK, made not by Century but by one of their contractors. It was a wonderful rifle with the smoothest action I've ever felt on an AK-type rifle. Decent trigger, too. Everything was right with this rifle, except that I never shot it so it ended up gathering dust. Still, it was a very nice rifle.
I've owned several AK-type rifles, some very good, others not so much, and I've ended up trading most of them off. Not sure why that is, other than wanting other things more....

Guns I sold or gave away and did NOT regret:

1) I gave away a Grendel P10 - POS
2) Star PD - it was okay, but I wanted to upgrade
3) Remington 700 BDL 7mm Mag - I didn't care for the cartridge; at the time, ammo was limited and the bullets used would blow up and cause too much meat damage. Also a PITA to reload - IMO, I don't like belted magnums.
4) Ruger M77 in .308
5) Mossberg 500 bullpup - heavy and clunky
6) Taurus M44 - nice .44 mag, had a really good trigger, but the friend I bought it from wanted it back
7) Remington Auto 5 - inherited, this and something else (I forget) I traded for a SIG 229.
8) Mossberg .22 - dirty gun, spit lead from action
9) Marlin .22 bolt action. I grew up with it, and I loved it, so I gave to my SIL. Bought a tube feed XT22 for my daughter.
10) AMT Hardballer - jam-o-matic
11) Dan Wesson .44 mag with 6" barrel - most accurate revolver I owned, but I needed/wanted some cash. Figured I could buy one in SS later - never did. Whatever.
12) Glock 21 - I don't like striker fired pistols and I saw no reason to have two of the same model.
13) Glock 19 - gift to family member
14) Garand "Tanker" in .308 - not reliable, gave it to my dad, then inherited it back. I think I traded it for something else.
15) Armalite AR-50 - too big and heavy, nowhere to shoot it.
16) Two FR-8 Spanish Mauser carbines in .308. Gave one to a friend, forget what I did with the other one. IIRC, neither one fed correctly?
17) A couple of "modern" Win '94 carbines in .30-30. I did not like the AE model and the other one was a commemorative (Wild Bill) and I didn't like the action on those either. So I sold/traded them off. I like my Marlin 336 Youth Model a lot more, and the two Model 92s I have (one a Miroku Win, the other a Rossi - both in .44 Mag).
18) Marlin '95 GBL - I wanted the SBL instead (which I eventually got).

Probably a few others I have forgotten.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top