JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know I'm getting old but amen did we stop doing that at raves and start using in our presses, maybe I'll give my press a good light show next time.
200.gif

I find a good tacky lube is best. Don't want it leaving you dry right when the stroke is hardest. And I would know, I'm a small guy in a protracted single stage
I prefer something less tacky and with less gravity, as I've found that it makes for a better action with each stroke. You can also put a little more grip into it when you've really got to push that ram hard for that big finish. Than just sit back and admire the work.

I prefer something less tacky and with less gravity, as I've found that it makes for a better action with each stroke. You can also put a little more grip into it when you've really got to push that ram hard for that big finish. Than just sit back and admire the work.
Well, I'm ready for a cigarette now and I quit smoking some 35 years ago…

:s0140:

Last Edited:
Back on semi-point.

The Summit does the seating, a couple of weeks ago it was really dragging. Gave it a couple of shots of prescribed lucas-oil red n' tacky. Perhaps a bit too much in fact.
Stiff is the the proper term here, had to throw a rag away.
Too much of a good thing------isn't always that.

Thank you all for the case of the giggles this evening!

Hawk Tuah lol

I don't generally use grease on my single stage, but I do put a little heavy machine oil on it and let it seep down through the base before a sizing session. Every 2-3 weeks anyway. I think I tried grease at first and I could notice the difference in handle effort. Just what I do

Back on semi-point.

The Summit does the seating, a couple of weeks ago it was really dragging. Gave it a couple of shots of prescribed lucas-oil red n' tacky. Perhaps a bit too much in fact.
Stiff is the the proper term here, had to throw a rag away.
Too much of a good thing------isn't always that.

Thank you all for the case of the giggles this evening!
To be fair we all stayed on topic, we just chose our words in a very eccentric manner.
Glad we made you laugh, and don't forget, happiness comes from a well lubed ram.

Hawk Tuah lol

I don't generally use grease on my single stage, but I do put a little heavy machine oil on it and let it seep down through the base before a sizing session. Every 2-3 weeks anyway. I think I tried grease at first and I could notice the difference in handle effort. Just what I do
I tried that exact same thing with my first ex wife.....it didn't work. More tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top