JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No experience with the 507k, but I do run a EPS on my EDC. On a recommendation from a fellow member here, I opted to go with the larger EPS and not the smaller EPS Carry. I felt the slightly bigger window of the EPS, trumped the Carry. Also, the added width of the EPS is a non issue while carrying concealed. I've been extremely happy with it. An enclosed emitter is the way to go IMHO.

No experience with the 507k, but I do run a EPS on my EDC. On a recommendation from a fellow member here, I opted to go with the larger EPS and not the smaller EPS Carry. I felt the slightly bigger window of the EPS, trumped the Carry. Also, the added width of the EPS is a non issue while carrying concealed. I've been extremely happy with it. An enclosed emitter is the way to go IMHO.
What do you have it mounted on?

P365

IMG_1243.jpeg IMG_1244.jpeg IMG_1248.jpeg IMG_1246.jpeg

Last Edited:
A closed emitter eliminates debris, water, etc from getting on the emitter itself. Also easier to clean. No inside glass to clean. Just wipe down the front and rear window.
Good points here. One thing folks don't think about is a piece of debris that ends up on the light source can eliminate your dot and also make all kinds of crud appear on the glass. Often what looks like dirty glass is actually tiny bits of stuff on the light source end. You will notice when you swab this area with a Q-tip, most spots go away. Closed emitter systems help to eliminate this. Having said that, I'm still using open emitter systems, but I see the advantage of the sealed optics.

I had many dots suddenlyappear my open emitter when it stared to drizzle. The droplets seemed to attract the light of the emitter.

Do closed emitters have the same issue in the rain? What are they like with raindrops on either lense?

Well I just happened to have a new empty spray bottle I wasn't using so I filled it up with some water and heavily misted the front and back. Aside from trying to see through the water, there wasn't any appreciable difference from how the dot looks when dry. A positive for sure. Hope that helps….

With the open systems, I find that you can get some disruption of the dot in the rain but normally you can still identify the primary dot for shooting in the rain. I took a workshop on blocked and broken dot sights from Erick Gelhaus where we did various things to the optics including spraying them with water, much more than you would get in most rain situations. The dots were still shootable, especially after the first shot.

The surprise comes when you are slapped in the face by the water on the back side of the glass traveling at slide velocity! After the first shot, most of the water is gone, in your face, but out of the optic. This is good info to know and try during a range visit.

It sounds like open emitter obstructions can be mitigated with training.
It was just a total surprise first time it happened when it started drizzling... suddenly i had more than one red dot lol.

The closed emitters are larger, is the only trade off.

For ccw, probably not an issue for either type.
For open carry, i could see an issue if its raining for both types.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top