JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had the chrono out yesterday. 38 special 125gr Barry's 4.6 #2 was only 750fps Barry's seem to run slower probably more friction. FMJ's tend to run at least low 800 fps.32 h&r Remington HTP, 85 gr was around 970. I was able to match the factory ammo velocity easily with the two powders I tried (be-86, and aa #5) used 90gr Sierra .312 bullets. Murom SPP's

Last Edited:
I always thought the .32 H&R Magnum never got the respect it is due. Ditto it's bigger brother .327 Federal Magnum. I get why the anemic .32 S&W and, to a lesser extent, .32 S&W Long has faded away. But the .32s from the 80s and the 21st century are solid performers.

I have a couple of 32 H&R MAG revolvers. they shoot well, they hold 6 rounds in the same cylinder size as holds 5 38 spl. But CA won't let me carry them. [ not on the Approved list] DR

1718083507098.png

LOL. Think of it as : It's just another way that CA is looking out for your SAFETY.

Aloha, Mark

Handgun legend Skeeter Skelton was reported to be "nearly apoplectic" when the .32 HRM came out, exclaiming something like this:

":There is absolutely NO use for this cartridge. The .32-20 WCF has been filling this niche perfectly for over a century."

Other than the "monumental" advantage (enjoyed by lazy handloaders) of the HRM of not having to lube cases before sizing as a result of the minimal taper case, Skelton (as usual) was absolutely right.

This is no different than someone producing a straight-walled .30-30, and claiming it is an improvement or "necessary" or "better" in some ethereal way.

Just picked up a S&W Model 16 6", 1k of SL brass and two MP Molds, a 32 hbwc mold and a 105/100 HP mold. Already have a RCBS 90 gr rnfp CM, a 115 hp and 135 hp molds too. 32s are a sickness.

Last Edited: