JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you do to spoil your pet?

Don't judge us she has bad joints. We recently put her on a joint supplement but until it starts working.

1000003100.jpg

I shouldn't admit it but we spent a ridiculous amount of money on one of our dogs on an experimental cancer surgery. We weren't able to save him, but we did help advance the science and it will hopefully one day be used to help people with bone cancers.
Our other dog had a $4,000 knee surgery that allows him to run around like a dog half his age. He's 10 now and we did that surgery 2 years ago. Tibial Leveling Plateau surgery. If your dog has a torn/damaged CCL ligament it works miracles.

Last stages of life, we got a wagon for my fiancés (now passed) dog. Cancer and terrible arthritic joints.. We just let him eat whatever he wanted for that last year of life too. We figured his last days were best getting what he wanted and being happy and comfortable. He couldn't walk but wanted to tag along everywhere. So that's where we got the wagon and took him to his favorite places before we had to say goodbye.
So no judgement here.

One of the nicest complements I've received is from our veterinarians who said that if they come back as cats, they want to be one of ours.

Duffy, our half Scottish Wildcat, ended up with two gold fangs and was the first user of Cardizem CD for feline cardiac hypertrophic myopathy. Diagnosed with 3 to 6 months to live, ended up living very well for over 7 years more.

Jack (one eyed kitten), Cookie (blind due to missing retinas), and many others - 79 through the many years. And dogs, parrots, donkeys, sheep, goats, etc...

Mrs. Teflon never had a cat that lived beyond 13 years (cat flaps in the doors, inside/outside critters all of 'em). So when our Calico started slowing down at 14 (diagnosed with initial renal failure), we had to figure out the best way to let her enjoy the rest of her finite life.

During her last 6 months, we hydrated her once a week with subcutaneous saline drips (like an IV, but just under the skin and not in a vein). She was okay with it and became comically fired up with the "zoomies" right after. Took just 3-4 minutes and was a hell of a lot cheaper doing it ourselves vs. vet appointments.

It was sad to put her to sleep toward the end, but we knew it was the right thing to do, as opposed to selfishly keeping her around.

The take-away to weigh as our lovable fur monsters start to fade? (Pic below was a few years ago when she was at her absolute rambunctious peak.) They love you unconditionally. But just because they're purring (or wagging their tails) for you doesn't mean they're feeling healthy and happy. Think about how you might feel given the same circumstances - and be humane.

Snicker Doggie.jpg

Last Edited:
This was the best cat I EVER had - until she had a stroke a couple years ago and had to be put down.

She was more like a dog than a cat. Followed me around everywhere and would wait at my gate everyday and 'race' me up the driveway.

Here she was helping me with some Jeep work!

SHOP001.jpg

What do you do to spoil your pet?

Don't judge us she has bad joints. We recently put her on a joint supplement but until it starts working.

View attachment 1885241
Had a little dog that did not have the stamina of my big dog and we used a dog stroller for her once she was tired out. Works great and no judgement from me.

Heck it's the PNW west side, I don't think judgment from anyone lol.

I have a friend in LaPine, older fella, WW2 vet, still pretty spry however for his age, and I help him out a lot.

He called me the other day and told me he lost his dog, a little terrier kind of thing, of 15 years. It was a friendly little chit and liked everybody!

He was pretty bummed out, which is to be expected..

Just tell people she's gay. 🤷‍♂️
7 years gone unfortunately as are the other 2.

This new pup is our first pet in 4 years since my little buddy was the last to pass.

The new one we have was rescued and a mix of a few dogs.

She is spoiled rotten but listens and obeys unless she's in a testing mood which she will outgrow.

I guess the only real luxury she has that is t normal to me is that she has a padded mat, bed or part of the couch she lays on.

I was shocked as all get out when one day she laid down on our large steps out front to sun bathe.

IMG_0956.jpeg

I bought one of those for one dog years ago. It was same thing, her joints were going bad. She would not stay put so we often would end up walking her for a while then carry her. The dog in my avatar started having same problem at about 12 or 13. Bought some CBD oil to try for me, did nothing. So one day put a couple drops on a dog treat for him. In a couple days he was almost new again, running and wanting walks. So it extended his life about another 6 months. When it stopped working I had vet put him down. Still miss him a ton even though its been many years. Tend to take better care of our dogs than we do ourselves. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top