JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loaded up 100 rounds of .357 Magnums yesterday. T&B polymer coated 158 gr SWC, 6.0 gr Unique, Servicio & Aventuras primers. Decided to go ahead and use up my last pound of Unique since it has been on the shelf a while. Also ordered some more of those bullets.

IMG_2204.jpeg

Did a trigger job on Savage Axis instead of reloading. I did spend a few minutes inspecting the latest batch of 224 bullets I got from American Reloading. They are 75gr HPBT bullets with cannelure. I have to say I am disappointed in this batch of bullets. The description said minimal pull marks but these bullets look deformed from the position they were latched onto. These will likely end up as heavy plinking bullets. In the past I ordered a bunch of 77gr SMKs from them and they were beautiful. I am happy with most everything I get from them but you can't win them all.

Same bullets from different angles.

1000003293.jpg

1000003292.jpg

I just order some of these unusual boat tail 9mm projectiles from AR. These will make loading much easier in the field when using the Lee Loader kits. The boat tail is angled enough that I won't have to worry about how to flare the cases, which is a royal pain in the arse with Lee Loader 9mm kits.

Tumbled a good sized batch of .223/5.56 brass for an hour in the FART with Dawn and Lemishine without stainless steel pins for an hour. During tumbling time I loaded up 100 rounds of .223 with 62 gr FMJBT Hornady bullets, 24.5 gr TAC, RP 7 1/2 primers in Perfecta brass (the cases were already prepped and primed). Multi tasking at its' best since I also had to clear out the kitchen sink to rinse the brass, which scored bonus points with my wife. Might come in handy since I haven't yet mentioned the thousand .357 bullets I ordered from Travis earlier this morning. :s0155:

IMG_2205.jpeg

Actually Jim, if it's not tooo scummy the citric acid keeps the drain from getting stinky. Lemi-shine cleans the build-up out of the drain. A little soak in lemi-shine and dawn keeps the waste tanks in your RV from getting stinky as well.
I'm more concerned about not getting the sink cleaned up well enough and someone getting sick. Not worth a risk. I'm OK with doing it outside.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top