JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ANNNDDDDD the other day I broke the Forester resizing rod, contacted them an got my hand slapped for using it on crimped brass but have a new one heading my way.
ANNNDDDD yesterday I pulled out a brand new RCBS resizing die since I sold the old reliable Lee die set with the squirrel daddy resizing pin ANNNDDD it broke on the very first IK21 case!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I haven't checked because I never needed an RCBS squirrel daddy pin but I will. ;)
And that is why I'm decapping ALL my brass with a Lee Universal de-priming die with my original Squirrel Daddy decapping pin. Still have the 2 extra pins that came with my original. Have successfully deprimed Norma 9mm small flash hole, 1K21 .223 brass, small flash hole blazer 9mm and a boatload of crimped primer 5.56 brass. All brass' daddy is squirreldaddy!

And that is why I'm decapping ALL my brass with a Lee Universal de-priming die with my original Squirrel Daddy decapping pin. Still have the 2 extra pins that came with my original. Have successfully deprimed Norma 9mm small flash hole, 1K21 .223 brass, small flash hole blazer 9mm and a boatload of crimped primer 5.56 brass. All brass' daddy is squirreldaddy!
Years ago I used to deprive rifle brass, clean them and then resize, then realized I could clean them for a few hours in dry media, resize them and wet clean them sewage if needed and trim.
When I started hoarding and processing LC 5.56 I got into the squirrel daddy decapping pins.

"And I thought I was a Neanderthal" :D

I could assure you that squirreldaddy.com is going to be getting a new order from you in the very near future. You cannot beat them for depriming or resizing with the 223 decapping pins
Have I been doing something wrong? I've probably decapped a K of mixed, dirty, range pick-up, and fired by us .223/5.56 and haven't broken a pin? Just using Hornady dies on a rock chucker. And Lee for some handgun brass. Or any other calibers including .30-06, .30-30, 6.5 Swede, .30 Carbine, 9mm, .40, 45ACP, .45 Colt, .38-.357....

I don't process brass on my app other than swaging primer pockets so I don't know if it would clear the handle but the auto centering decapping die from fw arms is a game changer when processing large amounts of brass.

Have I been doing something wrong? I've probably decapped a K of mixed, dirty, range pick-up, and fired by us .223/5.56 and haven't broken a pin? Just using Hornady dies on a rock chucker. And Lee for some handgun brass. Or any other calibers including .30-06, .30-30, 6.5 Swede, .30 Carbine, 9mm, .40, 45ACP, .45 Colt, .38-.357....
Mike, some of us have mass processed tens of thousands of 223/556 brass and run into a few problems.
I've done some changes in my resizing dies and tried a few new ones, as you've noticed, which did not work out. :(

FW Arms Universal Decapping Die.
It will go through anything.
It will make a third hole in Berdan primed brass.
It's a beast.
Norma.
1k 21 which I almost bought from Caveman when he was selling it cheap because I knew it would be no problem.
Speer .357sig.
It blasts through all of it.

Oh, I almost forgot.
Big day finishing up a run of 357sig.

1000009098.jpg

Mike,
You probably are doing something wrong. Not sure what? But I'm sure something.
You just haven't been caught yet. 🤣
Hope to see you Sundsy at the OAC.

Mike,
You probably are doing something wrong. Not sure what? But I'm sure something.
You just haven't been caught yet. 🤣
Hope to see you Sundsy at the OAC.
Can't pass it up, I'm only 5 mins away. HEY! You ought to swing by my place after the show and I can give you that little Prickly Ash tree for your gal?

Going to order some of the Squirrel Daddy pins. I process alot of 223/556 brass and break pins all the time with my Lee decap die.
For you 223/556 guys do use the stanard decap pins or the ones with neck expander? I load on a Dillon Super 1050 so I don't think I need the ones that expand the case neck.

Going to order some of the Squirrel Daddy pins. I process alot of 223/556 brass and break pins all the time with my Lee decap die.
For you 223/556 guys do use the stanard decap pins or the ones with neck expander? I load on a Dillon Super 1050 so I don't think I need the ones that expand the case neck.
Years ago I used to deprime all rifle cases then come back at a later date to resize it. I realized it I was just wasting time so if I'm going to keep them it's going to get resized right then. So yes I use an SD expander.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top