JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just in the local hardware store. They are selling some interesting army surplus.
See the picture. The short tubes are $19.95 and are about 2.5 ft long. The long tubes
are $29.95 and are about 3.5 ft long. Strap a couple of these to your SUV to
carry your fishing poles and have some "fun". No, not really, but an interesting thought.

IMG_0274[1].JPG

I was just in the local hardware store. They are selling some interesting army surplus.
See the picture. The short tubes are $19.95 and are about 2.5 ft long. The long tubes
carry your fishing poles and have some "fun". No, not really, but an interesting thought.

View attachment 1905944
M1A1/A2 training sabot rounds. Sweet.

Yes. They are waterproof and re-sealable. 6 to 8 inches in diameter.
What came in them? Artillery round, small missle, etc"
I'm actually thinking of getting a couple.
As you say, good for storing things in
a safe location.

See Post#3
ui_M865.png
1719356274445.png

"The M865 Kinetic Energy (KE) training round, in service with the United States Army's main battle tank fleet, utilizes a unique cone stabilizer to limit the safety fan required for tank gunnery. With its matched exterior ballistics, the M865 provides a realistic training device displaying theaccuracy and time-of-flight of the service round. The cone stabilizer provides a safety feature limiting the overall flight range to under 8km, reducing the requirement for extreme range safety fans.
Utilizing the same combustible cartridge case as the service round, and designed to resemble the M829 series Armor-Piercing, Fin-Stabilized,Discarding-Sabot Tracer (APFSDS-T) in operational performance, the M865 represents a valuable KE training surrogate for the 120mmsmoothbore weapon system."

Edit to add preface for CD's "didn't click" 😉 video...
View: https://youtu.be/DU_Gd623HJo

Last Edited:

View attachment 1905944

Phhpptt….. everyone is too busy looking down at their stupid-a$$ smartphones (even while driving) and wouldn't even notice them.

:rolleyes:

Ya beat me to it. They would make excellent containers for buried caches.
Definately! Absolutely perfect for a rifle cache. Paint the exterior with liquid plastic, fill em with oil and silicone seal the door. Those would last for decades.... so long as you prepared the hole with drainage rock and anchored them to prevent ground water rise.

If you wanna get fancy, attaching a sacrificial anode will make then last even longer.

Wear Vietnam era fatigues at 1am in the morning with bright work lights and dig a hole in your front yard. How many of your neighbors would be scared to turn on their lights while they call the police?

Nice storage option. As to installing one on a vehicle, I wouldn't want the attention it might draw. I don't put anything on a vehicle that refers to firearms.

30 bones a pop sure seems like a steal. How much do you think the gooberment paid per unit for those??

It makes you wonder if some of them are coming back from overseas... used for ballast on returning supply ships.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top