JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a batch of brass last week. Wierd head stamp I have not seen before. Flash holes are off cenetered so I broke alot of deprimer pins tillI figured out what was going on.
Head stamp marked "1K 21 & 1K 23"

Junk Brass.jpg

Last Edited:
I have broke a few decapping pins on 9mm brass with that headstamp, so I just chuck em without even trying now. Some of the flash holes are off center, and they are smaller than normal. Mine were all brass with a heavy crimp on the primer. I was told it is Igman ammo

Last Edited:
"The Igman headstamp is used by the Igman-Konjic company, a Bosnian manufacturer of ammunition. The company produces various types of ammunition, including 7.62x51 and .223 caliber rounds. The Igman headstamp is typically accompanied by a year code, indicating the production year."

Bruce

I still don't get the trouble people have with Igman brass, I've decapped and reloaded lots of their brass workout issues. Anyone that doesn't want it is welcome to send it my way.

I got a batch of brass last week. Wierd head stamp I have not seen before. Flash holes are off cenetered so I broke alot of deprimer pins tillI figured out what was going on.
Head stamp marked "1K 21 & 1K 23"

View attachment 1884515
It's actually decent brass. It just has a small flash hole and the quality control is such that it's not always dead center. The crimps are really tight. I have a batch that I redrilled the flash holes on and I've been saving it. I shot some of it up a few years ago, it worked quite well. If you have a spare decapping pin, you can sand or grind it a little bit and it will fit better. Actually the Lee decapping ppinsin the universal decapper die work well with these if you have them set up right. They will slip in the collet if they hang up before punching the primer out. You get less bending or breakage that way.

It's actually decent brass. It just has a small flash hole and the quality control is such that it's not always dead center. The crimps are really tight. I have a batch that I redrilled the flash holes on and I've been saving it. I shot some of it up a few years ago, it worked quite well. If you have a spare decapping pin, you can sand or grind it a little bit and it will fit better. Actually the Lee decapping ppinsin the universal decapper die work well with these if you have them set up right. They will slip in the collet if they hang up before punching the primer out. You get less bending or breakage that way.
Titanium decap pins work great on those as well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top