JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sadly, there are instances of people getting shot because they made a bad decision to point a toy gun at the wrong person, at the wrong time.
Most of us, are aware of the commentary and aftermath of these shootings.
Without movement, and in the light of day, how well can you folks do determining real firearm vs a replica?
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

IMG_0821.jpeg

Sadly, there are instances of people getting shot because they made a bad decision to point a toy gun at the wrong person, at the wrong time.
Without movement, and in the light of day, how well can you folks do determining real firearm vs a replica?
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

View attachment 1909300

I have a CO2 Beretta PX4 from a lot of years back that I would bet no one could tell the difference without actually handling the pistol (barring a big gun person realizing the barrel is to small for a firearm but there isn't a huge difference between a .177 pellet and a .22lr - I have always said I do not want to be shot with a .22 at any range, despite it being laughed at as a self defense round)

It has weight, uses a magazine with a wheel at each end like a revolver to hold pellets and the slide blows back just like a real firearm.

Idk how it gets around the needing an orange tip or if that's still a thing or not.

I am not stupid enough to draw on anyone (including a kid) that has a gun pointed at me but I would be taking cover if it were there, doing my best to de-escalate the situation and most likely returning fire if it's to the point that I feel it's me or them.

I agree with play stupid games and win stupid prizes but I feel that applies to adults only as kids brains are literally still developing and they may know better but I also know I did some very stupid and impulsive things as a child and they are only getting younger with the internet and have more things to get in trouble with based on both plastic advances and the internet.

There is a paintball gun in the classifieds that looks just like at AR15 from the pics. The ones we had 25 years ago could not ever be mistaken for a "real" firearm so it looks like it's everywhere.

If it looks real, it's to be treated as real until doubtlessly proven to be a toy. Consequences for our choices happen, even to children for theirs.

Not worthy of a new thread. Does anybody here keep real firearms for entertainment (enjoyment) purposes or are they strictly for work or self defense?
I keep mine, for all lawful purposes.
It appears that I did not make the intent of this thread clear enough.

I want to see if supposedly knowledgeable gun people could discern between a toy, and a real firearm.
It appears that reading comprehension is not up to the level I had anticipated.
☹️☹️

I keep mine, for all lawful purposes.
It appears that I did not make the intent of this thread clear enough.

I want to see if supposedly knowledgeable gun people could discern between a toy, and a real firearm.
It appears that reading comprehension is not up to the level I had anticipated.
☹️☹️
I couldn't discern the difference in many cases. I will start new thread with my question.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

View attachment 1909300
I'm gonna say the Beretta and revolver are the real firearms in that pile.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top