JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun rights only for ONE class of citizens?

c2l0ZXMubmV0Iiwic3NlYyI6IkM1VEZWTXhKOWYvNmZOcUQifQ.png
We just learned that Republican members of Congress are making plans right now to pass HR 354 – a bill that would expand a special national carry permit which applies ONLY to off-duty and retired police officers.
Please make no mistake: Gun Owners of America would NEVER oppose the expansion of Second Amendment rights.

Please add your name:

GOA_leosa_0509-3.png

Gun rights only for ONE class of citizens?

We just learned that Republican members of Congress are making plans right now to pass HR 354 – a bill that would expand a special national carry permit which applies ONLY to off-duty and retired police officers.
Please make no mistake: Gun Owners of America would NEVER oppose the expansion of Second Amendment rights.

Please add your name:

View attachment 1879921
The typical person who has passed a basic NRA pistol class has safer gun handling habits than certain LEOs I've met. This is not to paint all of them with the same brush, just to point out that former LEOs come with a wide variety of experience, responsibility, habits and skills. It's no given that a former desk jockey or meter maid, or even SWAT officer will be safer with a gun than you or I would. Even ignoring the discrimination aspect, the proposed law still makes no sense.

So now conservatives wish to "Ration" the Second Amendment to classes of citizens that they recognize?

Which of the first ten amendments to our Constitution, otherwise known as the Bill of Rights, will be next?

This is a BIG MISTAKE by Gun Owners of America. Very disappointing.

In spite of being Life Member of the NRA Wayne Laperrier killed my support for them with his selfish cronyism.

If G.O.A. continues down this path I'll quit giving to them too,.....

Last Edited:
My read was GOA wants it to be equal rights for all, not special rights for the Crown's minions. Remember when cops promised "get the door open for US on nationwide carry then we'll reach back and pull you through behind us" on HR218 and it's been nothing but crickets ever since?

Yahno, Nationwide Carry for ALL or for NONE. No more privileged Special People classes.

The typical person who has passed a basic NRA pistol class has safer gun handling habits than certain LEOs I've met. This is not to paint all of them with the same brush, just to point out that former LEOs come with a wide variety of experience, responsibility, habits and skills. It's no given that a former desk jockey or meter maid, or even SWAT officer will be safer with a gun than you or I would. Even ignoring the discrimination aspect, the proposed law still makes no sense.
View: https://youtu.be/948-2Vzgi3w?si=bP8iCOMK2bXnV1Ge

Ray

My read was GOA wants it to be equal rights for all, not special rights for the Crown's minions. Remember when cops promised "get the door open for US on nationwide carry then we'll reach back and pull you through behind us" on HR218 and it's been nothing but crickets ever since?

Yahno, Nationwide Carry for ALL or for NONE. No more privileged Special People classes.
This is exactly what they did in the PDRK down south, creating a special class, with special privileges that the proles don't get. It created a divide between the LEO and civilians, thus buying the LEO's support for gun control laws and civilian gun confiscations. LEO's can red flag anyone and is the judge really going to ask them for proof? Not all will fall for it, but enough will....

Now they want to do it on a national level? No thank you. One standard for all, if civilians can't do it, then neither should LEO's.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads