JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MANY a time I have wanted to do that with one of mine. When they seize up just as you need the damn things. Then you re boot and it starts that "Updating" crap. :mad:
God rot its soul. I hope it's in a worse place. I let my buddy shoot it with my 1907 Winchester after that. I didn't think to get that part on camera. I will take it to the proper waste facility tomorrow. I hope they hit it with a flame thrower.:p

Back in the 80's my girlfriend's boss gave us a real nice used RCA console color TV. Nice oak case. A beauty. It would blink out every so often, and then it finally quit all together. We took it to a repair shop and two weeks and $75 later it was back home. Within a week it started doing the same thing. I pushed it out the back door (Heavy dam thing) and retrieved my Hipower and ran two full 13 round magazines through the tube and all its innards. I told the girlfriend, "Now it's really broke!"

In San Jose I worked for a software company that made drivers and custom software for document scanners. They would get several scanners from manufacturers to make software for.

About every year, the older, duplicates that were just taking up space would have to be disposed of. They couldn't be sold or given away and the manufacturers didn't want them back, so the company would have a scanner chuckin' party.

We'd haul about 50 scanners to the roof of the 3-story building and chuck them down into a trash bin. Any survivors got humped back up and chucked again.

Back in the 80's my girlfriend's boss gave us a real nice used RCA console color TV. Nice oak case.
Yes, in those times, full-size TV's were often a piece of furniture. To be admired in the living room. The cabinet was probably a substantial part of the price. And a lot of added weight.

When I was a little boy, the area where my grandmother's home was located was under threat of flooding. My uncle had an old Ford F100, so they used it to evacuate her. The space allowed for cherished belongings was limited to the relatively small bed of that truck. Prominent in those goods was a Maggot-Box TV in a big cabinet, her prized possession.

This is a bad day for me and electronics. I've been frustrated from beginning to end with various online glitches and other technical stuff that has stymied me. Including a traffic signal that I'm sure someone strobed illegally. So for two cents, I'd start blasting away at anything with voltage. I've been wondering, "is it the solar flare?"

In San Jose I worked for a software company that made drivers and custom software for document scanners. They would get several scanners from manufacturers to make software for.

About every year, the older, duplicates that were just taking up space would have to be disposed of. They couldn't be sold or given away and the manufacturers didn't want them back, so the company would have a scanner chuckin' party.

We'd haul about 50 scanners to the roof of the 3-story building and chuck them down into a trash bin. Any survivors got humped back up and chucked again.
Sounds too Merciful.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads