JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More political grandstanding. They know damn well it has zero chance of passing and even if it did, Biden won't sign it.
Still, just the same, how many times have 2A advocates asked for something to be done about the NFA?

If nothing else, this might put those for & against the 2A on the record as to their true intentions - if it ever comes to some kind of vote.

If law enforcement can get their NFA items tax-exempt; citizens absolutely should. Also, https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/319/105/

Murdock v Pennsylvania :rolleyes:
Awwww.... the lowly minions (aka "citizen slaves") think they should be able to sit at the big people table. That's so cute....!!! ❤️

And have no illusions. Some pigs are more equal than others is exactly what they think.:s0155:

I can't read the article. It's behind a registration wall.. but I can imagine the jist of it. I have no doubt it's just blowing smoke, but you have to have smoke before you can get fire. It's how the leftists have taken so much ground. Playing the long game, introducing an idea and then gradually pushing it up the hill.

Awwww.... the lowly minions (aka "citizen slaves") think they should be able to sit at the big people table. That's so cute....!!! ❤️

And have no illusions. Some pigs are more equal than others is exactly what they think.:s0155:

I can't read the article. It's behind a registration wall.. but I can imagine the jist of it. I have no doubt it's just blowing smoke, but you have to have smoke before you can get fire. It's how the leftists have taken so much ground. Playing the long game, introducing an idea and then gradually pushing it up the hill.

Edit. The hurdle is the Senate Joint Committee on Taxation, 5 members, 3 of whom are anti2a (especially our (NYC's) Ron Wyden)

No matter how often bills are introduced to eliminate anytaxes, particularly firearm taxes (,NFA) in the Senate; even with good chances of passing; the hurdle has always been to get them out of the Senate committee on taxation to be brought tobthe floor for votes. As long as the committee have a D majority, who are anti2A and pro raising taxes.... these bills won't make it out.

Playing the long game, introducing an idea and then gradually pushing it up the hill.
beta&t=DM2hUzEUBwmD0-hsBvfL9xxJv5DuGmsgSwUr-j3RFgE.jpg

So the bill will get dropped? :s0094:
It could get stuffed into something the left wants.. If the sponsoring lawmakers would just play the same shenanigans the opposing party does, they could make it. Or already having it written can just be "reintroduced if a more favorable regime takes control of all branches.. Unfortunately, it's more likely to be ended judicially, the NFA that is, vs. legislation ending the NFA

Unfortunately, it's more likely to be ended judicially, the NFA that is, vs. legislation ending the NFA
I have my doubts on that. Again; of the Nine Justices of Power, 2 are "originalists"; Alito and Thomas, and these are the two most targeted for removal.
3 are confirmed anti2A/pro-govt power, Jackson, Kagan and Sotomayor.
1 is known "institutionalist"; often siding with the pro-govt Justices, Roberts.
The remainder, Barrett, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh.. seems to be on the "originalist" sides and are new Justices, relatively speaking. Any of these 3 may be persuaded by the 3 pro-govt Justices. They may also side with Alito and Thomas.

All the 3 pro-govt, Anti2A, Institutionalist Justices need, is for Roberts and any one of the 3 younger Justices to switch/swing vote and bam, they get a 5-4 decision permanently balancing our Rights away.

Alito and Thomas needs at a minimum, all three of the younger/newer Justices (Barrett, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh) to stave off the attacks on 2A, and it would be nice if Roberts supported them.

Oh. Also. Miller which Heller was based on, and subsequent SCOTUS decisions regarding 2A, including Bruen.. was an NFA case and at that time, the SCOTUS basically said NFA 1934 stays "constitutional," and thats basically what the GCA 1968, and the Hughes Amendment to FOPA 1986 were all based on.

The NFA will never be repealed judicially. The only avenue for that would be for it to be declared Unconstitutional. A law declared Unconstitutional has always been Unconstitutional and therefore everyone who has paid for a tax stamp or had a machine gun confiscated and destroyed would be entitled to a refund/compensation. No way will the SCOTUS open that can of worms. If we lived in a sane/just/free country the SCOTUS wold whisper in Congress' pink, shell-like ear that the NFA is Unconstitutional and they should repeal it before it gets to court. A law repealed needn't have retroactive consequences.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top