JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And by that, of course, I mean I am looking for a good de-mooning tool for .45 ACP moonclips.*

Any recommendations? Thanks.

* Like so.
1719780691118.png

Oh, no real issues removing that I am aware of. I just remember many years ago when I did the moonclip thing that the difference between annoyance and cuts from the clips and not was a de-mooning tool. So, just looking for options. Thanks.

Buy a piece of this and cut it into 6" lengths, file or cut a notch halfway across one end about 1/8" deep. Now you have 4 demooning tools for $4 and a few minutes time... I discovered this by being a cheap a$$.

Buy a piece of this and cut it into 6" lengths, file or cut a notch halfway across one end about 1/8" deep. Now you have 4 demooning tools for $4 and a few minutes time... I discovered this by being a cheap a$$.
What size would work for .38/.357?

Thanks for the info. The one @Nosferatu should do the ticket nicely.

I remember one from a while ago that was like six short rods that slotted into the spent cases and then pressing the handles together — plop — they all popped off to the side. Granted, this was back in like 2007—2008, so not sure if they are made anymore, or what the name was. I'm not finding them in various searches, but if anyone else remembers them, I'd value the info. (Though doing the one at a time with another tool is no big whoop.)

Thanks for the info. The one @Nosferatu should do the ticket nicely.

I remember one from a while ago that was like six short rods that slotted into the spent cases and then pressing the handles together — plop — they all popped off to the side. Granted, this was back in like 2007—2008, so not sure if they are made anymore, or what the name was. I'm not finding them in various searches, but if anyone else remembers them, I'd value the info. (Though doing the one at a time with another tool is no big whoop.)

The TK loader and unloading tools works for both my S&W 625 and 686+

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top