JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Old retired guy here & long-ago trained 95B10 MOS (Ft Gordon, GA) National Guard member. I have not fired a weapon since @ 1973.

Beginning the initial research, reading, watching, learning. My interest at this point is strictly .22 lr target shooting. A gun club & range in a neighboring state (20 min away) has lockers for certain members to store their guns if they wish to. I'll have to do this, as our residence is a multi-function facility (over 55 independent, assisted, and memory-care) that does not allow firearms.

I'm amazed at the level of paperwork and bureaucracy that has to be navigated in order to get the required pre-license permits and then final license. I just scheduled for next week the initial gun safety course.

As target shooting is my focus, accuracy and ease of cleaning are top of the list. I have an initial not complete 'short-list' of .22 pistols I'm interested in (and will change my mind at least 5 times before I order). Considering:
*Taurus TX 22 Competition
*Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical
And, if I get really nuts & out of control: I believe what's worth doing is worth over-doing.....
*Volquartsen Scorpion or Black Momba (would help if I hit the Powerball)
*Tandemkross customized Ruger Mark IV (don't think I could get this in CT)

Input/suggestions welcomed. Be kind, I'm new and a rookie.

1714324889806.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome aboard!
Is Federer still God?
Thx for the welcome, guys... I have NO idea what the heck I'm doing...

:) Djokovic is the GOAT, imo, but Federer is the classiest guy of any sport, which means he is God.

I'm not at all happy that the Tandemkross customized Ruger Mark IV 22/45 is not allowed in Connecticut. It's the funkiest .22 out there I think.... ALTHOUGH, the Volquartsen Scorpion or Black Momba are amazing too.... but the price... YIKES. If I do that, like the idiot I am, I will have to take $ from my Iran-Contra fund.

If I come to my senses about all this, which is slightly possible, that Taurus TX 22 Competition is cool. I like that shooter/reviewer guy on YouTube, 'Honest Outlaw'.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Welcome.

Tough gun laws in Conn. One of my mother's ancestors moved from England to Boston in 1632. He left with Rev. Hooker in 1635 to found Hartford, Conn. Even back then, people couldn't get along. His name is on the Founding Fathers plinth in the Old Center Cemetery. I wonder what these early settlers would think of such laws now.

The Volquartsens are great target pistols but you're looking at a very expensive $1300 plus. For quite a bit less, I'd be shopping for a nice used S&W Model 41.

Welcome!

Take a look at the Smith & Wesson Victory, if you haven't already. I was debating between it and a Ruger (the Mark IV 22/45 if I remember correctly) and the reason I got the Victory was because the barrel isn't attached to the serialized receiver, while the Ruger is. Again, if I remember correctly. I figured if I wanted a new barrel, it would be nice to not have to have to go through a whole new transfer. With that being said, they're all solid firearms from what I've read about them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top