JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A fellow member on this site had this gun listed for sale for quite some time. Yesterday I was able to make it to his place to complete the transaction and was able to bring it home.
I know the Gladius isn't everybody's cup of tea but having enjoyed a .22 and .25, I was curious how the .177 would perform.

Not having any 30mm rings to mount a 4-24 Vortex Strike Eagle, I found a 4.5-14 Burris Timberline scope that the previous owner had mounted in some quick attach rings. The rings were too low to allow mounting on the Gladius rail but a cheap quick attach riser I had purchased for another project solved that and allowed me to at least try the gun out.

At the bench I was disappointed to find the gun shooting to the right and as the previous owner of the scope had it windage adjusted nearly to the limit to the left, I was unable to get it centered on the bull. Put on my thinking cap and decided to try putting a shim in the riser that would hopefully shift the POI enough to get on target. Was happy to find this actually worked well to get me where I wanted to hit.
The pellets I had on the shooting bench were some 10.65 Baracuda Match.
I shot some at the gun power level 2 and was happy with the result at 36 yards. I then moved the power level to 3 and found the POI went up about an inch. I think the gun would be capable of better results with a good shooter pulling the trigger but I don't seem to be improving with age.
I am looking forward to working with this one and hopefully will be a little better after I get the stock adjusted to my liking.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top