JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since Thursday night, I've been having a rough go of it. Been over two days since I've slept, can't eat solid food and have evacuated my exhaust pipe so thoroughly, I may as well schedule a prostate exam. Called off work Friday and was hoping to be over it Friday night but here I am, still feeling like death. I've been sipping on broth and eating a saltine here and there, now waiting for Jello to set up so I can try eating something different. Oh and lots of sports drinks.

Do any of you guys have tips on getting over it? I don't want to see a doctor and pay a months mortgage just for them to sell me to wait it out. Figured by now I'd just get so tired I'd fall asleep anyway but the constant ache of hunger pains and feelings of nausea prevent any kind of rest.

Be wary of the cold deli chicken, people

So a guy I used to chat with at my gym fairly regularly went MIA and when I finally saw him again I asked where he'd been. The long story short of it iss he got food poisoning from undercooked chicken breast that he meal prepped and got gravely ill. He said his brother finally came and pulled him out of his hole and took him to the doctor and he had some kind of serious virus or parasite from the chicken.

If you're not feeling better soon play it safe and go to the emergency room or doctor.

I hope you have a speedy recovery man.

So a guy I used to chat with at my gym fairly regularly went MIA and when I finally saw him again I asked where he'd been. The long story short of it iss he got food poisoning from undercooked chicken breast that he meal prepped and got gravely ill. He said his brother finally came and pulled him out of his hole and took him to the doctor and he had some kind of serious virus or parasite from the chicken.

If you're not feeling better soon play it safe and go to the emergency room or doctor.

I hope you have a speedy recovery man.
Well that's comforting but you're probably right

Dang, don't die!
I use walk-in clinics for the odd whatall where I can and then they'll refer you for what they can't do.
Prices are preset and cash discounts are usual. I've been using Columbia medical up here for years.

Since Thursday night, I've been having a rough go of it. Been over two days since I've slept, can't eat solid food and have evacuated my exhaust pipe so thoroughly, I may as well schedule a prostate exam. Called off work Friday and was hoping to be over it Friday night but here I am, still feeling like death. I've been sipping on broth and eating a saltine here and there, now waiting for Jello to set up so I can try eating something different. Oh and lots of sports drinks.

Do any of you guys have tips on getting over it? I don't want to see a doctor and pay a months mortgage just for them to sell me to wait it out. Figured by now I'd just get so tired I'd fall asleep anyway but the constant ache of hunger pains and feelings of nausea prevent any kind of rest.

Yogurt will be your intestinal friend at this point. You need to get those good cultures back into your gut to counteract the bad ones that are keeping things running…

Immodium is useful. For me regardless of what people say about fruit, grapes help me 🍇. Lots of rest. If you get sick within 8hrs, it's usually bad handling (dirty hands). If it takes longer, it's the food gone bad. Left out too long, for example.

Good that you are hydrating. Don't want to be dehydrated and start stumbling around and losing balance. Have Amazon? They offer RN consultation for far less than urgent care. Many average insurance plans also do that. Public health clinics also offer it, if you get there EARLY. Spanish is a plus in the waiting room.

I am supposedly finishing the razor blade sore throat virus that I was exposed to June 2nd. Being immune suppressed is a double-edged sword. Viruses usually last one month - the "cost of living."

Soup diet, broth for sure. Some carbs will help with energy.

Sports drinks, thats a bit of a thing but for me, Propel and Vitamin Water types will help a lot. Look for the medical electrolytic solutions for dehydration issues.

Agree with yogurt, Greek or otherwise.

I've had bad food poisoning before, like the one time I expelled everything from both ends. Got prescribed an anti-nausea medication along with an OTC antacids.

If you're having diarrhea today or tomorrow, go to urgent care. Not ER, Urgent Care; less wait and usually should accept your insurance.

I'm in the complete opposite boat as you bro, and at this point I'd do ANYTHING to switch positions...and before anyone says anything, YES I already know I should go to the ER.....3 weeks ago yesterday we were in a massive car wreck and got life flighted to Legacy Emanuel. I spent 6 days in ICU. Haven't been able to poop since. I had massive internal bleeding from severing the mesenteric artery. I've done everything they have said to do. Meds they gave me, laxatives on my own, and also suppositories. (Lemme say this, I wouldn't do well in prison.......JUST SAYN.....) From what I've read, abdominal surgery can really F-you up. SO on that note, didn't mean to hijack your thread man. Sorry. I'm also looking for options other than going to the ER and having them cut me open again. I will GLADLY trade you symptoms though!!! I hope you get better dude.....

3 weeks ago yesterday we were in a massive car wreck and got life flighted to Legacy Emanuel. I spent 6 days in ICU.
:eek: wow dude, thats brutal. You've eaten a lot of high fiber foods, yeah? Supplemented with fiber supplements? Prune juice? Intenstinal blockage is never fun, I think if constipation last a few, weeks, its a medical emergency... but according to this site;https://nafc.org/bhealth-blog/ask-the-expert-when-is-constipation-an-emergency/

"The main symptom of constipation is not being able to have a bowel movement. While everyone varies in their regularity, constipation is typically defined as having fewer than three bowel movements per week. Other symptoms can include hard or lumpy stools, straining to have a bowel movement, feeling as though something is blocked in your rectum, pain when having a bowel movement, back pain, bloating, abdominal pain, and in some causes, can even cause nausea."

:eek: wow dude, thats brutal. You've eaten a lot of high fiber foods, yeah? Supplemented with fiber supplements? Prune juice? Intenstinal blockage is never fun, I think if constipation last a few, weeks, its a medical emergency... but according to this site;https://nafc.org/bhealth-blog/ask-the-expert-when-is-constipation-an-emergency/

"The main symptom of constipation is not being able to have a bowel movement. While everyone varies in their regularity, constipation is typically defined as having fewer than three bowel movements per week. Other symptoms can include hard or lumpy stools, straining to have a bowel movement, feeling as though something is blocked in your rectum, pain when having a bowel movement, back pain, bloating, abdominal pain, and in some causes, can even cause nausea."

Dude, stop talkin' sheite! :s0108:

I don't think it's a COMPLETE blockage at this point but it is concerning. Hence the reason I haven't checked myself back in yet......

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top