JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Considering most all the judges in that court are K8 Brown appointments, I would say the chances of getting even close to a fair ruling are about ZERO!
Oryguns entire court system is Corrupt within the major cities, with Potland and Salem/Eugene being the worst, which is why this case had to go all the way to Harney county to get a fair judge to hear the case! I have ZERO faith any OryGun justices will actually rule on the laws correctly, as you said, they will go on feels and emoting and "Facts" made up by the left, I.E. Interest balancing!
Speaking of "FACTS". Facts are, putting criminals in jail that use guns illegally to harm others, and removing people from society that cannot/will not conform or play well in society, would go a long, loooong way to make things better/safer for everyone.
But that's too complicated for the simple, misfunctioning minds of biden voters.

Speaking of "FACTS". Facts are, putting criminals in jail that use guns illegally to harm others, and removing people from society that cannot/will not conform or play well in society, would go a long, loooong way to make things better/safer for everyone.
But that's too complicated for the simple, misfunctioning minds of biden voters.
There is no longer any concept of personal accountability. Everything is everyone's collective problem, however, no one (1) person is responsible for anything. If someone injects themselves full of opiates and defecates in public it's not their fault. People feel more sorry for criminals than law abiding gun owners.

Has anyone heard WHY the final transcript took so long? Was it a Harney County issue or was it a State of Oregon issue? With only a week of delay, it doesn't make much different at this point, but would like to see just what precipitated this latest clusterflop.
I asked the same question on Tony's facebook page. Here's his answer:

Not a Harney County issue. The transcriptionist works for a private company. It was just a lot of trial to transcribe which multiplies the potential errors.

The state took its sweet time. I reviewed their edits and made my own in 48 hours.

The trial court is 1 judge over two counties. The court made clear that if we want something rushed, we have to request it. The state defendants did not do that.

When M114 is upheld by the OSC, the media will have a field day with LEVO singing hymns for the cameras and candlelight vigils. The fact that these people are tools and prostitutes for special interest groups will be completely lost.

When M114 is upheld by the OSC, the media will have a field day with LEVO singing hymns for the cameras and candlelight vigils. The fact that these people are tools and prostitutes for special interest groups will be completely lost.
"Joining Lift Every Voice Oregon in the brief are Ceasefire Oregon, Central Oregon Gun Safety Advocates, the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland, League of Women Voters of Oregon, Muslim Educational Trust, Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, Viva Inclusive Migrant Network and Albina Ministerial Alliance.
The Appeals Court also has allowed the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, March for Our Lives, Oregon Alliance for Gun Safety, Alliance for Gun Responsibility and Gun Owners for Responsible Ownership to file its own friend of the court brief in support of the measure."

"Joining Lift Every Voice Oregon in the brief are Ceasefire Oregon, Central Oregon Gun Safety Advocates, the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland, League of Women Voters of Oregon, Muslim Educational Trust, Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, Viva Inclusive Migrant Network and Albina Ministerial Alliance.
The Appeals Court also has allowed the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, March for Our Lives, Oregon Alliance for Gun Safety, Alliance for Gun Responsibility and Gun Owners for Responsible Ownership to file its own friend of the court brief in support of the measure."
aka the Intersectional Marching Band of aggrieved NGO freeloaders.

WOW !
13 1. Large-capacity magazines are not protected "arms." Article I, section 27, provides: "The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defense of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power." Or Const, Art I, § 27. As noted, the right "is not an absolute right." Christian, 354 Or at 33. Rather, the right protects only the types of weapons commonly used for self-defense at statehood in 1859. Hirsch/Friend, 338 Or at 640. Put another way, the right does not extend to military weapons that postdate statehood. State v. Kessler, 289 Or 359, 368–69, 614 P2d 94 (1980); OSSA, 122 Or App at 544.

WOW !
13 1. Large-capacity magazines are not protected "arms." Article I, section 27, provides: "The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defense of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power." Or Const, Art I, § 27. As noted, the right "is not an absolute right." Christian, 354 Or at 33. Rather, the right protects only the types of weapons commonly used for self-defense at statehood in 1859. Hirsch/Friend, 338 Or at 640. Put another way, the right does not extend to military weapons that postdate statehood. State v. Kessler, 289 Or 359, 368–69, 614 P2d 94 (1980); OSSA, 122 Or App at 544.
If it is argued by the state that the people's rights have not adjusted with the advance of technology, why should it be assumed that the military's have either?

Perhaps it should be argued that the military must similarly be kept in strict subordination to the civil power as it existed in 1859.

WOW !

If it is argued by the state that the people's rights have not adjusted with the advance of technology, why should it be assumed that the military's have either?

Perhaps it should be argued that the military must similarly be kept in strict subordination to the civil power as it existed in 1859.
Heller and then Bruen both made the subject sort of moot IMO, and Raschio (IMO), correctly applied Heller and Bruen methodology to this case :rolleyes:

I know this has been asked before, but... Do they even listen to themselves?

If firearms haven't advanced since 1859, then give them quills and parchment and take away their computers and smart phones.

I know this has been asked before, but... Do they even listen to themselves?

If firearms haven't advanced since 1859, then give them quills and parchment and take away their computers and smart phones.
And take away the armored vehicles, the aircraft, the missiles, radios, radars, M16s/M4s, M9 and M17 handguns from the National Guard and State "Militia"/Guards :rolleyes:, edit and the police departments don't need the cars, the radios, the body armor, cameras, or even tasers/sprays

This is going to be an interesting year...

The irony is that LEVO and their brotherhood of lefties claim that 114 is necessary to reduce violence and promote peace, yet their rhetoric seems to be pushing, if not overtly hoping for, some sort of eventual violent conflict. To which they can say "See. We told you so. This is why we need to outlaw guns."

The irony is that LEVO and their brotherhood of lefties claim that 114 is necessary to reduce violence and promote peace, yet their rhetoric seems to be pushing, if not overtly hoping for, some sort of eventual violent conflict. To which they can say "See. We told you so. This is why we need to outlaw guns."
Portland shootings and homicides were down last year ....... measure 114 was not in place and firearm sales were up . So to my thinking ......more guns / less crime & everybody is happy . Well except the freedom hating liberals .

Clergy should be more interested in God's Law than that of Man. They should also be more interested in saving souls than in the flesh. If they were truly clergy, that is.

The problem is the total disregard for the rule of law displayed by the sates and lower courts.
Agree. We will have to see how it goes from this point on. But if the disrespect for SCOTUS continues, then we will have no legal system whatsoever.

And it's every man for himself.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top