JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Other than the big motor being a two stroke which is hard starting after it's been sitting for 6+ months everything is working flawless.
Summit Lake is my go to spot for shakedowns and taking the grandkids fishing.

We are canceling this weekend's trip because it's supposed to be nasty and next weekend supposed to be 75 and sunny. :s0168:

I want my grandkids to have a good time on the lake instead of being cold wet and miserable like their grandpa is while chasing salmon on the rivers.

Watching a bald eagle fighting with an osprey is just icing on the cake.
Tally for today was hooked 6 fish, lost 2 due to an invisible net in the boat and gifted 2 trouts to a young man on the bank who was fish less. I kept the 2 kokanee. ;)

Oh and I must leave you all with my signature ending on these type of threads.
Edit: Some have expressed disdain at my choice of the word "slackers" so I'll politely say "Back to work slackers. y'all non retired workaholics."

:s0140::s0140::s0140:

6E2FACF3-798D-48EA-B606-BAA43DB0285F.jpeg 3CD5658B-2C5B-4699-9970-FF71DD480F6A.jpeg 9C9C5F57-D3A8-4037-874C-C7E636EA592F.jpeg

Last Edited:
Thanks for that Brother gives me hope.

Normally I don't start catching Kokanee until late May or June on this lake but today I got two in the boat. Damn good eats man, that's for sure.
One of these days I'm going to go after some Kokanee. I keep hearing about how good they are.

You're living it up. I'm stuck working (at home, at least).

Tight lines!

Not a huge kokanee fan. I give mine away.View attachment 1874312
If they're teeny tiny like shown then I don't generally let them in the boat, we don't even get the net ready. We just shake them off.
The bigger ones, 9" and above are welcomed anytime, only after we spray off them tiny scales, what a mess… :s0154::s0154::s0154:

But good Lawdy they are scrumptious!!!

But of course, although I am currently out of Grey Poupon… :p

We still use that dish/silverware set we bought back in 83 after we got married. :eek:

When I get back home (the south) we'll sell all the good stuff and cook everything on a grill and eat off of paper plates. :s0140:
I ain't knockin' it. When we start getting low, we head to the thrift store and buy whatever they happen to have on the shelf. You can often find Corelle there for 50 cents a piece or so. You just can't be picky (or care) about the pattern, or having them all match!

I ain't knockin' it. When we start getting low, we head to the thrift store and buy whatever they happen to have on the shelf. You can often find Corelle there for 50 cents a piece or so. You just can't be picky (or care) about the pattern, or having them all match!
True that.
It's a simpler life down there, don't need no fancy plates nor the fancy BBQ coals we just pick up the downed limbs/trees from the hurricane's and tornadoes to fuel the burn pit. And beer…:s0090:

If they're teeny tiny like shown then I don't generally let them in the boat, we don't even get the net ready. We just shake them off.
The bigger ones, 9" and above are welcomed anytime, only after we spray off them tiny scales, what a mess… :s0154::s0154::s0154:

But good Lawdy they are scrumptious!!!
Well for scale, those are 24" rainbows.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews