JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, a quick survey of the ammunition situation* has me looking to acquire .44 Magnum ammunition in quantity. Using Ammoseek and some others, but figured I'd toss it out there.

If you were looking to acquire basic, factory, .44 Magnum, cartridges in large(r) quantity, which vendor would you go with? Any to avoid? Thanks!

* And I've found whilst looking there is some I could/should trade off. But that's another topic.

For commercial: I use SGammo as a price comparator.

Then use ammo seek to compare his price against any which pop on there that I've either purchased from before, or have heard enough about from others that I'd be comfortable ordering from.

SG may not be least expensive, however if any have shipping costs, then his may be off by just pennies per round. Inconsequential, even by case lot. IMO.

So I would (& have) ordered from him.

Roughly $6K this year so far thru him, and our commercial purchases have been vy low since plandemic...

For commercial: I use SGammo as a price comparator.

Then use ammo seek to compare his price against any which pop on there that I've either purchased from before, or have heard enough about from others that I'd be comfortable ordering from.
Hello @Camelfilter--
Which are you comfortable ordering from based on personal experience or info you trust from others?
Carol

I have had phantastic performance from these guys, hard to get due to the high demand, and I got extra lucky in buying a bunch just as the Koof kicked off, but I digress, this is actually GOOD ammo at a good price from a kinda local manufacture!
Now,, I wish they would twist up more 10 mm auto for me, I would buy it by the bucket. same with 5.56 and 7.62X51, they are THAT good!

Last Edited:
Hmm ... working on order. Says "free shipping" now ...

1719800628447.png
:s0155:

Hello @Camelfilter--
Which are you comfortable ordering from based on personal experience or info you trust from others?
Carol
Took a look at ammoseek ,44mag from a desktop.

Roughly 40 lines or so before SGammo popped up.

Of those prior 40 lines or so; the only company I had previously ordered from was outdoor limited.

The only others I would be inclined to order from, along with some current searching regarding folks recent experience, would be Southern Defense & Miwall.

Which doesn't mean I would order the ammo listed less than what SGammo has. Just means I'd look into folks recent experiences ordering ammo from them. If that makes sense??

A lot goes into ordering online. Not just caliber (as you know, however other less experienced folks may not be familiar with, or less familiar with).

Load type / projectile / case type / sometimes even primer size. Depends what folks want & what expectations are.

So from that ammoseek search, and a Quick Look at what SG has, I'd go SG. If I had a want for .44M ATM.

Noteable: For my family, I'll likely never buy remanufactured ammo; which sometimes gets listed in an ammoseek search. Other folks may choose to give remanufactured a go.

Caveat Emptor, as always!

The advice about where to buy bulk ammo was given in the context of .44mag. Would the answers have been any different for .44sp, .357mag, or 9mm? Or shotgun shells?

The advice about where to buy bulk ammo was given in the context of .44mag. Would the answers have been any different for .44sp, .357mag, or 9mm? Or shotgun shells?
Yes. Exclusively for places that stock 44 mag (a lot of discount ammo outlets don't stock lower demand calibers) SGAmmo or Targetsportsusa are my "go to". Targetsportsusa can be a good comparator for most calibers/shells and buying in bulk typically gets you free shipping which can weigh heavy in PPR and often a deal breaker. The con is selection.

I use their "notify when in stock" feature quite often.

I have had phantastic performance from these guys, hard to get due to the high demand, and I got extra lucky in buying a bunch just as the Koof kicked off, but I digress, this is actually GOOD ammo at a good price from a kinda local manufacture!
Now,, I wish they would twist up more 10 mm auto for me, I would buy it by the bucket. same with 5.56 and 7.62X51, they are THAT good!

I couldn't help but notice that Minuteman Ammo also has a line of silver bullets for those pesky werewolf attacks. They are most certainly thorough in their offerings! :s0155:

1719864074040.png

As @Yarome posts, exclusive to companies which stock whatever is being looked for. So may be the same, similar or drastically different than my choices listed above.

Yes. Exclusively for places that stock 44 mag (a lot of discount ammo outlets don't stock lower demand calibers) SGAmmo or Targetsportsusa are my "go to". Targetsportsusa can be a good comparator for most calibers/shells and buying in bulk typically gets you free shipping which can weigh heavy in PPR and often a deal breaker. The con is selection.

I use their "notify when in stock" feature quite often.
I dropped Target sports shortly after the beginning of the ammunition blight, 4 years ish or so now. Because they didn't have anything we wanted, so I didn't see it worthwhile to pay for an unused club buyers fee.

May look back into them after November, depending how the market looks post election.

Great mention of another source / data set to pull from tho!

I dropped Target sports shortly after the beginning of the ammunition blight, 4 years ish or so now. Because they didn't have anything we wanted, so I didn't see it worthwhile to pay for an unused club buyers fee.
Agreed. The membership stopped making sense several years back. Unless you're making a large enough one time order to break even and realize savings on that single order that is. Cumulative savings throughout the year to offset the membership fee is a poor bet.

The more desirable ammo availability can be sporadic. They are so popular that even when they get truck loads in it can sell out within just a few days and then you're back on the waiting list again for weeks or possibly even months.

Where they still excel is in bulk ammo purchases. By the box, it's just Mehhh. The other area is special bulk ammo packages from MFG exclusively for TSUSA.

Kind of TSUSA's version of a Costco hotdog.🤣 Dirt cheap just to lure you in and offerings not available through otherl retailers. IE., They have 5k CCi minimag/stinger/etc packs that I've never seen anywhere able to beat their PPR. BUT, you gotta like shooting the higher end CCI's, want to buy in 5k/rnd packs, be willing to sit on the notification email list for awhile and ready to buy at any moment.

Don't forget to check MFG sites for rebates when shopping. Other obvious keys to keeping it affordable is always buy in bulk and have patience.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top