JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do feel for the guys who lived, breathed and carried revolvers and then were forced to transition to a SF platform. Those are two very different worlds and accidents were guaranteed to happen. The amount of training to reroute your brain when using a different platform would be extensive and knowing LE training it wasn't nearly enough before making a drastic platform change.
I was in the first group of 12 or 16 IIRC that transitioned to semiautos. We were late to the party, I think about 1990. Being the first class and many eyes were upon us, it was a very detailed and good class. I helped with some of the classes after mine. Eventually, it went down to 8 hours, then I think 4. Going to a DA/SA auto was definitely a change but not too bad. At that time you were either issued a S&W 5904 or you could carry a Sig 226, Beretta 92, Glock (with a heavier trigger installed) and it seems like another one or two DA/SA guns.

We were instructed to use the safety as a decocker and leave the gun off safe but it was our choice if we wanted it on or not. We were a bit of holster guinea pigs as well. The issue one was some basic thumb break model that was okay but not very secure. I opted for a Safariland SSIII which was an amazing level 3 holster. I shot a lot at the time...and still I guess, so that helps. The non-gun people took much longer to adapt and some stayed with revolvers for many years after the transition.

For your viewing pleasure. I'm just really bored on a Sunday and want to fight with someone on the internet.

In all honesty it's a really good break down of a very real possibility. Not saying it as fact but a probability.

Last Edited:

For your viewing pleasure. I'm just really bored on a Sunday and want to fight with someone on the internet.

In all honesty it's a really good break down of a very real possibility. Not saying it as fact but a probability.
You'll get no argument from me.

If that doesn't get some people to at least CONSIDER things I don't know what will. Even if the piece wasn't fully seated (99% sure it was) what pulled the trigger? The inside of the holster? Nope, not possible with that setup.The stupid safety hood? Nah, nowhere near the trigger. So what intervened to pull the trigger far enough to fire?

Really, that's all it took to make the gun fire? Possible not fully seated and the holster maybe brushed against? In nobody's hands, not being handled in any way just chilling in a holster and a little inSIGnificant contact make 320 go boom. 24 pages and we still say operator error. Cool story bros. :D

Last Edited:

You'll get no argument from me.
This d00d starts off by "claiming" he isn't anti-SIG, yet many times in his video he refers to SIG with snarky comments such as "SIG is shiit", "cuz it's a fukkin SIG", "SIG is full of shiit", "what kind of crack SIG is smoking", to name just a few. Therefore, I am immediately turned off by his shiity attitude and self-righteous snark, and I have no faith in "some dipshiit on the internet" (his very own words, so you'll get no argument from me) to provide an unbiased opinion.

Had he dispensed with voicing his obvious distaste of SIGs, I might have watched/listened to his video with a more open mind. But when he goes into the vid with a massive boulder on his shoulder and can't avoid bashing SIG from the get-go, then I cannot give him a fair listening. He's obviously heavily biased against SIG in general. So, phuq his azz with a knotty 2x4... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
This d00d starts off by "claiming" he isn't anti-SIG, yet many times in his interview he refers to SIG as "shiit" and "cuz it's a fukkin SIG", to name just a few. I have no faith in this YT "dipbubblegum on the internet" (his very own words, so I won't debate that), to provide an unbiased opinion. Had he dispensed with his obvious distaste of SIGs, I might have watched/listened to his video. But because he can't avoid bashing SIG, I cannot give him a fair listening, since he's obviously heavily biased against SIG in general. So, phuq his azz with a 2x4... :rolleyes:
You're not biased at all either. I can tell. Lol.

This d00d starts off by "claiming" he isn't anti-SIG, yet many times in his interview he refers to SIG as "shiit" and "cuz it's a fukkin SIG", to name just a few. Therefore, I am immediately turned off by his shiity attitude and snark, and I have no faith in this YT "dipbubblegum on the internet" (his very own words, so I won't debate that) to provide an unbiased opinion.

Had he dispensed with voicing his obvious distaste of SIGs, I might have watched/listened to his video. But because he can't avoid bashing SIG from the get-go, I cannot give him a fair listening, since he's obviously heavily biased against SIG in general. So, phuq his azz with a 2x4... :rolleyes:
It really is worth a watch. A different perspective is always good. Regardless of manufacturer fanboyism the break down is good and worth considering. AT the end of the day I would consider ALL aspects of a firearm issue if I owned or was looking to buy said gun….even if I had their logo tattooed on my face because loyalty doesn't make you bulletproof.

It really is worth a watch. A different perspective is always good. Regardless of manufacturer fanboyism the break down is good and worth considering. AT the end of the day I would consider ALL aspects of a firearm issue if I owned or was looking to buy said gun….even if I had their logo tattooed on my face because loyalty doesn't make you bulletproof.
I watched it all the way through. I don't agree with his assessment of an inSIGnificant brush on the holster. The guy has a huge splinter up his dick over SIG. If he'd be more objective and cease with the SIG bashing, I might actually take what he's blathering on about with some level of seriousness. But, he fails to earn that...

People will back Yankee Marshall or whatever that guys name is cause his video fits their narrative. This was an even better and clearer breakdown and because it goes against what they want to believe they immediately disregard it.

The narrator was calling Sig idiots for not understanding the nomenclature of the holster and its additional parts. Something I pointed out as a possibility way earlier in this thread.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm about 90% sure that after watching it again it was a mechanical failure in the platform.

I guess we will never know. Someone will get a hell of a deal on LE trade in P320s and the officers get the privilege of carry Glock.

Win. Win. Lol.

I don't care how many dipsh1ts are biased one way or the other. What I do care about is the safety of shooters and anyone that carries the P320. To me just brushing it all off as operator error or saying that 320s are perfect is short sighted and dangerous.

Maybe there is an issue, maybe there isn't. But fanning loyalty and ignoring even the POSSIBILITY is wild to me. There isn't a brand of ANYTHING I own that I would be that loyal to.

I got the argument fired back up! My mission today has been accomplished. Until the next discharge y'all!

I got the argument fired back up! My mission today has been accomplished. Until the next discharge y'all!
You just knew that I'd bite on that bait you chummed. That's not really breaking science, yunno... :s0140:

:p:D

You just knew that I'd bite on that bait you chummed. That's not really breaking science, yunno... :s0140:

:p:D
I always go for the lowest hanging fruit.

Don't throw crayons into the mix. I'll get distracted. SHlT! Now I'm hungry.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top