JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,
So I ordered some factory walnut grips for my 92 FS Beretta from Beretta directly. They came with screws and lock washers. But the washers appear to keep the screws from tightening flush. I'm afraid to tighten too hard to make flush. Anyone here have experience with new grips, etc for Beretta 92 or similar?

Are you using flat washers or serrated?
I have always had problems with wood grips on handguns.
They swell and they contract.
I never over tighten the screws because it will crack the wood.
I sometimes use blue Loctite. :rolleyes:

What kind of lock washers did they provide?
It could be they are designed to crush into the wood to secure the grips. Try installing everything without the lock washers and check for the screw protruding (always do that with new grips anyways).
On some wood grips people use tiny rubber orings in place of lock washers. I just use blue loctite.

Here is a pic after installation.

IMG_2067.jpeg

Hi all,
So I ordered some factory walnut grips for my 92 FS Beretta from Beretta directly. They came with screws and lock washers. But the washers appear to keep the screws from tightening flush. I'm afraid to tighten too hard to make flush. Anyone here have experience with new grips, etc for Beretta 92 or similar?
In the Beretta armorers class, it is taught to only use the lock washers with the standard plastic grips. No washers are to be used with wood or rubber grips.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews