JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
2415 acres, 30 % contained. This was it shortly after it started at about 1:30 yesterday.

IMG_20240625_135547156.jpg

Last Edited:
Sad to hear but no surprise, there aren't many years gone by there hasn't been a fire in, or around LaPine
No, and this is #3 in this area so far this year.

Fortunately it is in an are with a lot of roads that provide natural fire lines.

Word is of this morning they are going to contain it and let it burn out naturally, as long as no structures are in danger.

The State of Oregon was going to provide air tanker assistance but as of now there is only one contract tanker circling the fire.

No, and this is #3 in this area so far this year.

Fortunately it is in an are with a lot of roads that provide natural fire lines.

Word is of this morning they are going to contain it and let it burn out naturally, as long as no structures are in danger.

The State of Oregon was going to provide air tanker assistance but as of now there is only one contract tanker circling the fire.
I don't know what it is about that area, but its been like the devils triangle of fire for as far back as I can remember.

I don't know what it is about that area, but its been like the devils triangle of fire for as far back as I can remember.
Well, as of some time this has been known as a popular area for homeless camping.

There have been at least two fires started by burning RVs in the last couple years - and 'word on the street' was one was caused by an 'arsonist' who supposedly lit two on fire but it was never confirmed...

Stands of dead lodgepole and frequent lightning storms are not a good combination. Our family burned lodgepole for many years to heat our homes, there was an abundance of it at that time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top