JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I am a little bored and things change so I'm just going to start a new thread - partly because my answers have changed…

My favorite EDC knife is one I would consider one of my "dress" knives because it was gifted to me by a dear friend and I just can not bring myself to carry it as a daily:

Benchmade Mini-Rukus
3.4" blade with green and black g10 scales
I absolutely love it and it feels like it was custom made for my hand
(Yes it was bought used but in new condition)

My surprise favorite "daily beater" was a knife that I bought because it was on sale (maybe $24) and I kind of liked how it looked. Plus it is my first and only Gerber knife. This one I bought as a "working" knife so that I wouldn't be heart broken if it was damaged as my daily carry but wasn't sure if I would like it or not (I've never lost a knife so that doesn't factor in for me). I was not immediately taken by it as it required a much different hold to open and close it one handed but I am a knife fidgeter and one day while watching TV it just clicked and has become an unconscious to use tool and my go to grab for a take with me knife.

Gerber Sumo
3.9" blade with blue liners and light grey and black g10 scales

Knives are a secondary hobby of mine, both folders and fixed blades and I like all of them and love quite a few, but for EDC carry those are my "dress" and "work" folders.

BTW - I would carry a fixed blade if I wasn't so close to Vancouver and their stupid no fixed blades of any kind unless it's being transported for a purpose (fishing, hunting, hiking or work etc) and I'm just not up for a legal battle if it gets used to protect my family while we are out. That's what my CC is for.

Anyway have fun with it and drift away if that's what you want to post.

IMG_1185.png IMG_1186.jpeg

Last Edited:
The upper knife is by Queen Cutlery
It is the Mountain Man Model.
Stag handles and a blade of D2 steel
Great looking and using knife.
Just a bit big for a pocket knife.

The lower knife is by Schrade.
It is their "Sportsman Campanion" model.
The knife dates back to the 1930's.
Easy to carry , stays sharp also easy to sharpen.
Handy tools as well...Usually in my pocket everyday.
Andy
IMG_3329.jpeg

I like to buy myself a new edc knife for my birthday, this year I went with a fixed blade took the belt clip off and it rides really well in my front pocket.

20240622_071032.jpg

My EDC is an inexpensive ($16) folding Gerber "survival" knife. The Bear Gryllis folder sheath knife. I use it daily - mostly for cutting cord/rope/etc. and opening Amazon packages and simple stuff like that. I've purposely abused it - even batoned firewood with it, and it has held up fine.

The knives I don't carry but really like are my CS Master Hunter San Mai and my Fallkniven F1 - the latter is very similar to the former, but a bit smaller. If I went hunting, I would carry those knives (both of them, so if one gets dull while processing game, I would just switch to the other) in addition to my folder.

I have two EDC knives.

One is a Spyderco "Paramilitary 2" with stock black G10 scales, S30V blade steel. I carry this when I'm "out and about in the community", as my wife likes to put it.

The other is a Byrd "Harrier" with stock black G10 scales, 8Cr13MoV blade steel. I carry this one when I'm working around the house, back yard, etc.

Byrd knives are manufactured in China by Spyderco and marketed in the US by Spyderco. Byrd knives are all listed in the Spyderco catalog. Quality is excellent, but prices are less than US manufactured Spyderco branded knives.

I have several knives with 8Cr13MoV blade steel. I like 8Cr13MoV. It has been durable, keeps an edge, is easy to maintain and is affordable.

Cheers.

IMG_3068 Large.jpeg

I got so many knives that I rotate two a week. Probably 150 folders with about 60% Chinese clones and 40% Name brand. My current one came in yesterday. A clone of a custom.
Now before anyone starts with - you are buying counterfeit products, I am not a customer for a $200+ folder. Most of the Chinese stuff now is either average quality or above average quality.
I will try to post a pic later. I probably have about 40 fixed blades. I need to sell some of the stuff not in rotation.
Top is the new frame lock clone. Can't remember the steel type. Bottom is a Bestechmam Good Boy with a button lock and D2 steel. I am partial to ball bearing flippers and most have a blade length longer than 3".
1000000595.jpg

Last Edited:
I gifted, and sold, most of my knives years ago. Many of the knives that I had, were gifted to me...as were these two. Original LEATHERMAN TOOL, and a lightweight & thin KERSHAW. I use the multi-tool can opener to get into the beans (least carried outside of the home because of weight), and the pocket knife to scalp apples (and carried when appropriate).

ui_pokie.jpeg
These 2 have an amazing amount of miles on them. The pocket knife was featured in Godzilla vs Gigan :confused: ___:D
ui_miniZILLA.png
ui_gigan.png

Edit to add: Thinking about getting one of these G10 "stop it" letter openers.
ui_stopit.jpg

I alternate between 2 models of Civivi D2 knives. One is 3.7" and the other is 3.8" with hollow grind. The hollow grind ones take ages of use before needing to be sharpened. These things amaze me how much they can take and still stay sharp. I probably won't ever buy another knife but if I do it will be hollow grind. The one in the back is hollow grind.

My favorite EDC knife is one I would consider one of my "dress" knives because it was gifted to me by a dear friend and I just can not bring myself to carry it as a daily:

Benchmade Mini-Rukus
3.4" blade with green and black g10 scales
I absolutely love it and it feels like it was custom made for my hand
(Yes it was bought used but in new condition)

I've begged and pleaded with Benchmade to bring back the Ruckus 610, (the full size one,) I used one for EDC for years, but it's just too valuable to carry/use anymore, the prices are astronomical for them now.
They are undoubtedly one of the finest folders that Benchmade has ever produced.
So now I switch between three other Benchmade models, depending upon weather/place, etc.
1, A mini Adamas in Cru-ware.
2, Full size Adamas in D2.
3, Fixed blade Adamas 375 in Cru-ware.

I've begged and pleaded with Benchmade to bring back the Ruckus 610, (the full size one,) I used one for EDC for years, but it's just too valuable to carry/use anymore, the prices are astronomical for them now.
They are undoubtedly one of the finest folders that Benchmade has ever produced.
So now I switch between three other Benchmade models, depending upon weather/place, etc.
1, A mini Adamas in Cru-ware.
2, Full size Adamas in D2.
3, Fixed blade Adamas 375 in Cru-ware.
Thats reminds me about:

EDC 1870's style....
My new to me Barlow knife....Barlow style pocket knives have been around since the late 1600's.
Made by Henckles...stag handles and sharp blade.
Both the knife and holster were gun show finds today....:D
Andy
IMG_3331.jpeg

EDC? Three: Victorinox Classic SD in front pocket gets the most use. Kershaw Cryo in jeans watch pocket for larger tasks. Leatherman Wingman in pouch on belt for use of stronger screwdrivers, pliers, etc. Works for me!

EDC 1870's style....
My new to me Barlow knife....Barlow style pocket knives have been around since the late 1600's.
Made by Henckles...stag handles and sharp blade.
Both the knife and holster were gun show finds today....:D
Andy
View attachment 1904105
Oh , Mr. Andy.
That little henckles with the jigged bone looks pretty sweet. Nice find.

Oh , Mr. Andy.
That little henckles with the jigged bone looks pretty sweet. Nice find.
Thank you... :D
it was a good trade...I had an older , but nice shape No Name , stacked leather handled "Bowie" knife , that I wasn't using.
It looked good but was bigger than what I need or really use...
So...
A straight across trade was made...and we both were happy.
Andy

The knife I use the most is a stag handled Italian Switch blade. There is something "meet my little friend" about using a switchblade to open mail. Particularly the bills.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top