JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my experience my bank's debit card protections do carry the same protections as a CC. Even when scammers got my debit card number I did not lose a dime.
Only time it's happened to me but I had a deposit from the bank in my account well before the charges ever came out of my account. Then later on I got a second deposit so I had double the amount deposited. The bank will take out the over deposit.

Just in case this is useful to anyone else:

IMG_0501.jpeg

Mine does. I've read the contract on it and my credit cards.
<Sigh> Again this becomes a waste of time with many but, maybe some who are "new" will get something. The card has a Visa or MC logo it offers the same protections because the banks had no choice. That is not the risk. The real risk is getting account cleaned out. Yes your bank will put the money back after they investigate. As long as that is not going to hurt? Great. Many would be in quick trouble. So what we have is some have screwed their credit to where they can't get a credit card and want to pretend otherwise. :s0092:
Some can not control themselves with credit and for them it is the best thing they can do to NOT take an offer to get one.
Some will argue just to argue if you tell them water is wet they will tell you its not. :s0092:
This is where the use of Venmo, Money orders, and such comes in. Telling you they have been doing it for ever and never had a problem. You can't reach people like that so let them take the unnecessary risk. One day if they do get in a bind they will of course never admit it or blame everyone else.:s0092:
Bottom line there is NO reason to take the risk unless those who do fall into one of the above. Hey its their money. Hopefully others who really just don't know better will see and not make the same mistakes.

<Sigh> Again this becomes a waste of time with many but, maybe some who are "new" will get something. The card has a Visa or MC logo it offers the same protections because the banks had no choice. That is not the risk. The real risk is getting account cleaned out. Yes your bank will put the money back after they investigate. As long as that is not going to hurt? Great. Many would be in quick trouble. So what we have is some have screwed their credit to where they can't get a credit card and want to pretend otherwise. :s0092:
Some can not control themselves with credit and for them it is the best thing they can do to NOT take an offer to get one.
Some will argue just to argue if you tell them water is wet they will tell you its not. :s0092:
This is where the use of Venmo, Money orders, and such comes in. Telling you they have been doing it for ever and never had a problem. You can't reach people like that so let them take the unnecessary risk. One day if they do get in a bind they will of course never admit it or blame everyone else.:s0092:
Bottom line there is NO reason to take the risk unless those who do fall into one of the above. Hey its their money. Hopefully others who really just don't know better will see and not make the same mistakes.
The answer to that is simple. Keep two checking accounts. Keep a small balance in the one with the debit card. Or keep most of your money in a savings account.

FYI, there has been a issue with VISA. Not sure if it has been reported publicly or not. My credit union informed me when my son's card was used to buy stuff overseas. Their fraud department flagged it and they cancelled his card.

I talked with a lady at the credit union and she told me about the breach. They have been proactively watching for fraudulent charges which I appreciate.
So ultimately, you should be careful where you use your cards to buy stuff, but the fault for fraudulent use of your info may not be on the websites you use.

Last Edited:
Why do you assume that the account gets cleaned out? That is not universally true. USAA has never let a fraudulent charge through. Yes, their filter is apparently set high, and I do regularly have to confirm a charge is legit before USAA transfers the money.

The condescending "sigh" towards others who do not share your assessment or lived experience is unnecessary.

I bough from Tacticalsh!t a number of times. Worst case was ammo out of stock after placing the order, they subbed me something similar and I was happy with it.

also Battlehawk Armory... does come across as scammy but I have bought from them without issue a couple of times. (only because I have good fraud protection at my bank)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top